How do I wipe data from SIM card for use in iPad?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
I sold my ipad1 to a friend. It was wiped and restored to original. Everything went well up to today when we tried to get 3G service. He couldn't get in to enter his data so I entered my username & password. We were able to view all my information, apparently when you restore to factory defaults all the sim data remains intact?

Question is what now, we went to AT&T and they said no problem. They wanted to sell a monthly plan which he didn't want and we left. My question is how do we wipe the sim card, or do we need another?

Last edited by a moderator:

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
You should get another one for that device. Like an iPhone, take the sim out. AT&T should sell him one without any issues. Sounds like they really want to push a data plan, but I thought you could turn that service on and off on a monthly basis. ?

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
You should get another one for that device. Like an iPhone, take the sim out. AT&T should sell him one without any issues. Sounds like they really want to push a data plan, but I thought you could turn that service on and off on a monthly basis. ?
Thanks, that exactly what we want., on and off at will. So when we sell our used devices, we should remove the SIM when the units are sold.