How do i...?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I have a question for all of you Mac OS X users out there - I just got the system very recently, and I'm still learning.

Here is what I have.

I have two Windows PCs in the house, and this MacBook. Connected to one of those PCs is an HP All-In-One Printer. All of the computers are inter-connected by a secure Wi-Fi connection.

What do I need to do to be able to use the printer connected to one of the PCs from my MacBook over the Wi-Fi connection?

I know its possible - I've seen videos, but chances are, I probably need to do something on the PC before I can see it on my MacBook.

P.S. I love Leopard. It's brilliant.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Do you have a windows network set up already? If so then you are all set. Just make sure that you right click the printer on the windows machine and click share. Now that windows machine should show up in your mac's finder. Click system preferences in your dock and click print and fax. Click the plus sign on the bottom left to add a printer, then click the windows tab. Now search for that shared printer and once its added, you should be good.