How do u get pic from email to contacts

chevychic55

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
OC Cali
This question is for my brother (too lazy for forums). My phone is sadly out of commission so i cannot "play" with it to figure this out:

How do you get a picture sent from another iPhone via email to be the contact photo for someone? Thx

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
The short answer is: You can't. Not with a stock phone anyway. There may be some hack that allows you to do it though.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
This question is for my brother (too lazy for forums). My phone is sadly out of commission so i cannot "play" with it to figure this out:

How do you get a picture sent from another iPhone via email to be the contact photo for someone? Thx
You have to download the photo onto your computer. (I did this with some photos I had in my digital camera last night. I imported them into iphoto and then synced the iPhone).
Once you sync the photos onto the iPhone go into the photos, and pick the one you want. There is a little thing in the lower left and corner of the screen-when you touch that you are given 3 choices-use as wallpaper, email photo or assign to contact.
I hope this answers your question!

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
You have to download the photo onto your computer. (I did this with some photos I had in my digital camera last night. I imported them into iphoto and then synced the iPhone).
Once you sync the photos onto the iPhone go into the photos, and pick the one you want. There is a little thing in the lower left and corner of the screen-when you touch that you are given 3 choices-use as wallpaper, email photo or assign to contact.
I hope this answers your question!
Yes this will work for any photo you may own. But as far as reading an e-mail on your iPhone which has a picture attached and somehow just clicking on the picture or using a command on the picture in iPhone to turn it into wallpaper, well it won't do that.