How do u turn off the bloody message pop up

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
Couldnt find it under general or message !

Me want play brickbreaker without using control over paddle!:mad:

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
Go to Setting>Message> turn off show preview and repeat alert
I did that already as i mentioned above.

I still get the pop up but it says new text and contact name

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
As far as I am aware you are unable to turn this off. Doing the above only turns off the message preview.

You used to be able to jailbreak to do this but not sure with 3.0

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
As far as I am aware you are unable to turn this off. Doing the above only turns off the message preview.

You used to be able to jailbreak to do this but not sure with 3.0

lucky me its jailbroken already. please give instructions / app name.

thats somewhat ridiculous though probably will be fixed in 3.1 . Apple and their 1 piece of bread at a time deal

Last edited by a moderator:

duvi

Bronze
Jul 19, 2009
In the future
www.twitter.com
lucky me its jailbroken already. please give instructions / app name.

thats somewhat ridiculous though, probably will be fixed in 3.1 . Apple and their 1 piece of bread at a time deal

It's not an option to be changed in 3.1 either. Been running it for some time now... maybe it's added beta 2 or 3. I'm still running beta 1 as I do not want to lose MMS.

Last edited by a moderator:

p09

Jun 30, 2009
It's not an option to be changed in 3.1 either. Been running it for some time now... maybe it's added beta 2 or 3. I'm still running beta 1 as I do not want to lose MMS.
Not in beta 2 either. :(

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
Not in beta 2 either. :(

no way!
thats really annoying and somewhat childish i am sure a reuglar time linux/bsed user can write a small command to make it not pop up . i mean a simple code says bring it up...

i been playing intensive games in airplane mode or later at night when i am not expecting any calls.

hinky

Bronze
Jul 10, 2009
For all the "geniuses" that Apple has working in their stores, the people working on their OS are rather stupid or they never have reason to ever use Airplane mode and are always connected so they don't care about anyone else who does. I'm wearing out my screen from all the times I need to close those popups!