how do you cancel a purchase?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by canamera, Aug 21, 2010.

1. canamera

canamera Zealot

I accidentally hit the buy tab on an app and it start to download...I paused it for now, but I don't know how to cancel it!! It has downloaded about 15mb of it's 60 or so mb.
    Can I cancel it?

I see I can delete it, but I want to make sure I am not charged for it.
  2. canamera

canamera Zealot

Well, in the resume download window, I hit delete...I hope it worked and I don't get charged for it!!
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Picazzo

Picazzo Zealot

It couldn't harm you to do a re-download, and see if the AppStore is telling you, that you already own this app!? (Just remember to do the "pause-delete" thing again! ;)
  5. canamera

canamera Zealot

It's a $5 app... It was a mistake, crap!!! I'm going to wait and see if iTunes sends me the receipt email confirmation! I hope not!!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
  6. Picazzo

Picazzo Zealot

But if you use my advise - you'll see if they have charge you!
  7. Lon

Lon Evangelist

Or just go to iTunes>My Account>Purchase History.
  8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

yes I've done that but I got charged. once you it buy and you just put the password for another app you bought it. That's one think I can't stand about the app store. Mine was $10 but I ended up using the app and liked it
  9. Lon

Lon Evangelist

If Purchase History shows you were charged, highlight the specific item and go to Report a Problem and describe your mistake and request a refund. Your chances are good.
  10. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Evangelist

at least it wasn't that $900 app.
  11. jmp316

jmp316 Zealot

In iTunes go to purchase history and then report a problem. You should be able to get a refund. I have before...

12. canamera

canamera Zealot

Thanks for all your help! I will try it later when I get off work.

13. canamera

canamera Zealot

Crap!!!@.@,";&;!,&,

I just got the receipt from iTunes for that $5 app.

What pisses me off is that when I accidentally pressed buy, it didn't ask me for my password, it just started to download! I paused it when I realized it was downloading, so now I got to try and get my money back!!

14. Picazzo

Picazzo Zealot

AppStore don't ask for your password twice - ones you have downloaded another app. If you going to restart or lock your iPhone - then you have to insert your password again!
  15. canamera

canamera Zealot

Just got home and finished reporting what happened to Apple... Hope they cut me some slack and refund me.

16. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

If they don't refund you I'll go with you to tare down the whole itune building
  17. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor

Trust me they will refund you. As a matter of fact I'm so sure they will refund you that I WILL GIVE YOU THE FIVE BUCKS if they don't. That's how sure I am. Just report a problem and go from there.

18. David Chu

David Chu New Member

If he won't take it I will :p.
  19. canamera

canamera Zealot

I'll hold you up to the money if they don't refund me... Lol