how do you cancel a purchase?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I accidentally hit the buy tab on an app and it start to download...I paused it for now, but I don't know how to cancel it! It has downloaded about 15mb of it's 60 or so mb.
Can I cancel it?

I see I can delete it, but I want to make sure I am not charged for it.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Or just go to iTunes>My Account>Purchase History.
yes I've done that but I got charged. once you it buy and you just put the password for another app you bought it. That's one think I can't stand about the app store. Mine was $10 but I ended up using the app and liked it

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
If Purchase History shows you were charged, highlight the specific item and go to Report a Problem and describe your mistake and request a refund. Your chances are good.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
In iTunes go to purchase history and then report a problem. You should be able to get a refund. I have before...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Crap!@.@,";&;!,&,

I just got the receipt from iTunes for that $5 app.

What pisses me off is that when I accidentally pressed buy, it didn't ask me for my password, it just started to download! I paused it when I realized it was downloading, so now I got to try and get my money back!

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Crap!@.@,";&;!,&,

I just got the receipt from iTunes for that $5 app.

What pisses me off is that when I accidentally pressed buy, it didn't ask me for my password, it just started to download! I paused it when I realized it was downloading, so now I got to try and get my money back!

AppStore don't ask for your password twice - ones you have downloaded another app. If you going to restart or lock your iPhone - then you have to insert your password again!

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Trust me they will refund you. As a matter of fact I'm so sure they will refund you that I WILL GIVE YOU THE FIVE BUCKS if they don't. That's how sure I am. Just report a problem and go from there.