how do you change carrier logo?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
got a jailbroken fone, and just curious to know how you change the carrier logo, i know it's possible i was just wondering how you do it!

can anyone help me please?

thanks in advance!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
where can i find make it mine? is it an application through installer or is it a web based application? thanks

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i've looked through installer and i cant find it anywhere!

which folder is it in?

thanks in advance

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Add the source for STE packaging, http:// repo.smxy.org/iphone-apps

do you just go to the section in installer and type that bit in?
my battery is dead so i'll have to try this in about an hours time!
is it simple to do?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
If you want to change the image, I think the file you need to overwrite is in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
its still not worked, i'v used customize, i found a quality carrier logo and i went to change it, i applied it to my phone rebooted the phone and it wasn't there, i tried this loads of times!

goobs22xx has told me to change system files and i'm going to e totally honest and tell you i don't have a clue how you do it! lol

Mar 5, 2008
Hi ! Here's a method that actually works...

NOTE: PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OR YOUR ORIGINAL FILES

Instructions:
Step 1: Download "MakeItMine" application off of Installer.

Step 2: Using your favorite SHH program, replace the files in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle with your custom Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png files.

Step 3: Also replace the files with the ones in /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

Step 4: Disconnect from ssh and reboot the iPhone.

Step 5: Next, go to the MakeItMine application you downloaded earlier and input the following: "AT&T" or "CINGILAR" and select 'set'.

That's all! Enjoy!

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Why do you have to use MiM? People were doing this for months before it came out. Did something change?

TBH, I've been out of the loop. I just use MiM to remove the logo completely.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i've searched for make it mine, where the hell is it? i must be really bad with installer! cosm i can never find anything!

i've searched for make it mine, where the hell is it? i must be really bad with installer! cosm i can never find anything!
Did you add the source http:// repo.smxy.org/iphone-apps to installer? Does it show up under sources? Sometimes you have to refresh sources several times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 2, 2007
Can't get to work with FW 2.1...

I have used this method in the past to put our company logo on my iPhone, replacing the carrier name. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on the latest firmware (2.1) anymore. It just shows "ATT" as the carrier rather than the logo that I've put into both locations.

(Just a small correction, BTW, instead of "AT&T" you need to use "ATT" as the carrier name in MiM. It doesn't work in 2.1 still, but that's what I always used in 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2.)

Anyone have an idea?