How do you change the title of the Apps.

H

Hayesimus

Using say... Finder or even iBrickr. Do you go to files, applications. and then change the name there? or where? or how? I tried to do a search but had less than impressive results...

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Using say... Finder or even iBrickr. Do you go to files, applications. and then change the name there? or where? or how? I tried to do a search but had less than impressive results...
Can't you SSH into Applications, and simply rename them? I've done that with various themes.

H

Hayesimus

i don't think i've ever ssh'ed. I've never messed with renaming and the like...

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
i don't think i've ever ssh'ed. I've never messed with renaming and the like...
It's pretty straight forward. But you have to be comfortable using SSH. There's an action drop-down menu that allows you to rename titles. When I rename I always keep the original, just in case.

Try it. :cool:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
You need to change the name of the Application from thisname.app to thatname.app, as well as look inside that folder for the info.plist file. That file dictates where the OS should look for the application executable. You will have to change any entries in there that point to "thatname.app" to "thisname.app" aka whatever you rename it to.

H

Hayesimus

you switched your this and that when you said it the second time. but i got ya anyway lol