how do you convert DVD into mpeg4 format?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
just wondering, because everything i have found you need to pay for, and i am looknig for a free program where you can convert commercial dvds...

anyone?
i did a quick google search and litterally typed in "Free dvd ipod converter" and teh first thing that popped up was this http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/...ion_Tools/DVD_to_iPod_Converter_Download.html
its free but it doenst seem to mention if its a trial or not so im assuming its not a trial

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
just wondering, because everything i have found you need to pay for, and i am looknig for a free program where you can convert commercial dvds...

anyone?
HandBrake is a great tool if you have a Mac. I converted my home DVD's to MPEG4 to play on my Apple TV instead of hunting down the DVDs themseves.

ash

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Oklahoma
I use Cucusoft iPod Video Converter Suite. I think it cost about $30 and I've been using it for the past year. It's really easy to use and will convert every type of file I've thrown at it (commercial DVDs, home video, video clips from my digital camera, etc.).

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
I use Cucusoft iPod Video Converter Suite. I think it cost about $30 and I've been using it for the past year. It's really easy to use and will convert every type of file I've thrown at it (commercial DVDs, home video, video clips from my digital camera, etc.).
There is always toast titanium 8, which allows you to export the video using multiple file types. you can choose 4 different types of ipod choices, each one making the video a different size, there is one for fast exporting, small file size, smallest possible size, and best quality. If you use torrent files, you can get it from a site that has torrents.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
great topic...

if there is one, what's the best FREE software for the PC?

If i have to pay, what's the best/least expensive free one?

thanks.

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i have both the $40 version of cucusoft's iPhone converter and handbrake's FREE GUI encoder.

handbrake's is honestly the most powerful and most customizable. and it actually syncs the framerate right, something which i have NOT been able to do with cucusoft's.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/

Jun 5, 2007
found one

download the free trial of dvdfab platinum, it allows you to use the full software for thirty days, not just the "download the first five minutes" crap

edit: i guess you cant post the link?

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i tried handbrake but it doesn't allow you to do commercial dvds :-/
o ya and dvd to ipod converter only allows you to do the first five minutes without buying it
grab a copy of anydvd then :) great program. http://www.slysoft.com/anydvd.html

that or dvd decrypter if you can find it. i know it cannot be linked in a public forum/website so...

this should allow you to work with handbrake seamlessly.