how do you decorate your phone?

twallyf

Bronze
Oct 20, 2007
I think I need to add some zest to my phone to make it a little different from all the other iPhones out there. Those rub on letters would be perfect, but probably wear off quickly. I'll probably just put some stickers on it.

What do you have on yours?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't put anything on mine. A lot of people make their phone more personal by using a different case but I choose to do it by modding and changing the themes. I don't really see stickers adhering too well and definitely not lasting that long.

TangoTango

Bronze
Jul 19, 2008
Las Vegas
Stickers ?!?! Ewwwwwwww no !

Just kidding. :laugh2:

I figure I'll keep my phone "As Is", no colors, stickers, mods, Etc, etc.

Beacuse a lot of folks like to do that sort of thing, after a while there will be fewer and fewer 'natural' phones.

And soon, just like real boobs here in Vegas, a 'natural' iPhone will be a very rare thing ! :cool:

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
How is this, for decoration? Now that my iPhone is out of warranty. It is headed to Colorware, for a make over...Mark:laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Hahaha thats exactly what I was thinking. Stickers would just make it look CHEAP.

But when I had my V1 jailbroken, the theme I loved the most was the Stickers Theme :p lol

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Y'know, now I'm kinda wondering.. If putting am invisible shield on the iPhone technically voids the warranty (presumably because of the adhesive), would "decorating" the phone with stickers do the same?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I think engraving of the metal back of v1 would look nice. I saw a thread on a company that does laser engraving of ipods and macbooks, etc, but I do not know if they do iPhones.

I was also thinking that putting a little gem somewhere on it would be cute, but then it would not be smooth to fit in a case. And you would I affix such jewel. And I am a jewelry snob, so it would have to be a real gem. Talking about gems on the iPhone, I like the vaja crystal cases, but I cannot bring myself to pay that much for a case.

I also like colorware.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Y'know, now I'm kinda wondering.. If putting am invisible shield on the iPhone technically voids the warranty (presumably because of the adhesive), would "decorating" the phone with stickers do the same?
I would think so. Most stickers deliver a powerful adhesive punch.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
It doesn't void your warranty, and it doesn't leave any residue. I have it on my back, and I had them replace it once. Peels right off. I also had it on the front, and peeled that one off (I didn't like the look or feel on the front) - also didn't leave any residue at all. It's almost like window tint -but there really isn't any adhesive....

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
How is this, for decoration? Now that my iPhone is out of warranty. It is headed to Colorware, for a make over...Mark:laugh2:
Now that is DOPE! Where do I get me one of those!?!?!?!

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Damn! $200? Not that cool.

theevilone

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
I can paint it myself for a couple dollars with bottles of model paint.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Damn! $200? Not that cool.
Let me see, Mac Book Pro, iPhone v1 and iMac. Yet you want to be chinsy and paint it yourself?

If you are going to be a Real Mac Fanatic, you have to adopt the thinking best said by Rappers (Jermaine Dupree & Jay-Z), "Money Ain't A Thing" or did they say "Thang", yes that's it...Mark:laugh2: