How do you delete an update in installer

Feb 7, 2008
From time to time I receive an update for certain apps I have installed through the installer program. Sometimes I don't what to update that program because it's not that important to get the lastest version. For example one is a calculator program. Can an update that shows up on the installer be deleted or will installer kept finding the update and showing it's ready to install? Thanks ..

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Unfortunately the update isn't actually on your phone or in the installer program. When it checks the sources it compares the version you have installed against the ones it locates on the source servers. If the program on the source computer is newer than your installed one it then displays it in the update tab. I do not believe there is any way to prevent it from showing the update without you removing the source from your list. I find it annoying as well, especially when you have a glitchy one that tells you an update is available and it is really an earlier version or the same version as what you have installed. You "update" and it is back showing an update available. Continuous loop.

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I am having the same problem.

I am not going to 1.1.3 for a while, and I have numerous updates that only are for 1.1.3.

I have found that if you want to get rid of the number (of updates) that appears, change your wallpaper. The number will be gone until you open installer again.

Dana