How do you Delete everything before you send your phone back to Apple

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
I was having a little trouble with my iPhone the battery was never fully charging and I never got anything like the advertised battery life. By mid day the battery would be at 10% It wasn't such a big deal I worked around it car charger, home charger, laptop charger. But the one thing I started to have a real problem with was when I received an incoming call I would get the prompt to put on hold. When I tried to do either the phone would LOCK UP. I had to restart. It became a real PITA, but I just couldn't bring myself to do the whole call Apple send the phone back reboot the replacement phone, wait for my old phone to come back. But Last week I did it. And not only did they do it fast I received a WHOLE NEW iPHONE sans my 5 months of little nicks and scratches ;)

OK so enough of the back story here is my question before I send my replacement phone back I want to blank it out totally is their a fast easy way to do that. Had I known Apple was not going to send me my old phone back repaired I would have never sent it out with all my personal info. But Since I know the deal on this I want to send back a blank replacement phone.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Joe

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I would imagine if you did a restore of the phone and didn't select the restore from backup once the restore is done, that should wipe off everything. It should even keep the phone in the please connect to iTunes state.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
There are all manner of log files inside the phone in places the restore doesn't go. I doubt very much it's possible to jailbreak a phone and not leave footprints everywhere.