how do you get 5th icon on dock?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
hi, wanted to add a fifth icon in addition to safari, phone, mail, ipod. how do i do this? do i go into the terminal and reorder through display.plist? or can i do it through ifuntastic? I'm on a mac. please help. thanks!

rinual

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
you just edit your displayorder.plist using notepad and put it back inside springboard

one section of the code shows the 4 icons that would be on the dock, just add the 5th icon and your g2g.

hope that helps

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
you just edit your displayorder.plist using notepad and put it back inside springboard

one section of the code shows the 4 icons that would be on the dock, just add the 5th icon and your g2g.

hope that helps
does this really work? i know once you fill the 4 extra spots on your springboard you cant add a 5th one. well you can but you just cant see it. i never tried with the little bar on the bottom though.

rinual

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
sorry if i didn't make myself clear, however if you go to this link, download it and view how they did their displayorder.plist

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=241

<key>buttonBar</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>displayIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.mobilephone</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.apple.MobileSMS</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.apple.mobilesafari</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.apple.mobilemail</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.apple.mobileipod</string>
</dict>
</array>

if you notice, it uses all 5 in the bottom bar array. and if you look at the icons, they are much smaller than the usuall stock icons.