how do you get Google maps to work on 1.1.3

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
I'm looking for a way to get Google Maps working on an iPhone running software version 1.1.3?

bzpilot

Oct 20, 2007
You've got two options

does anyone know?
Option 1: Update to Stock 1.1.3 without jailbreaking (probably not your first choice)

or

Option 2: Update to Jailbroken 1.1.3 using the "Official" Dev Team Jailbreak method (this is required because it is currently the only jailbreak method that updates the Modem Firmware to 04.03.13_G which is directly compatible with Google Map Locations without using 3rd party apps to help)

Link to method for this jailbreak:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/tutorial-mac-pc-1-1-3-jailbreak-1-5-2hrs.19075/

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
based on that your asking how to get it to work im guessing you have 1.1.3 if so tap the map then when it loads tap lower icon in left corner that will display your location.. then you can type in directions from there to another address and move pin and all that jazzy stuff

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
i have a jailbroken 1.1.3 and i did it with the official dev team team jailbreak, when i use the pin point option it loads for about 10 minutes and does nothing

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It does not work on a jailbroken 1.13 for most people. To get it to work, you first have to locate yourself using Locate Me from Installer, then use the Google Maps function.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No, I use Locate Me first (which puts me on the other side of Boston, and then I use Google (which puts me right over my house.)

- John

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
No, I use Locate Me first (which puts me on the other side of Boston, and then I use Google (which puts me right over my house.)

- John
Hsve you tried to compare the two in other locations? Locateme works very well for me at home and several other locations I have tried it, but I haven't upgraded to compare it to google maps.

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
this is my ultimate question: Is there any way i can use a fix from the installer to fix my google maps, because right now when i open google maps it just shuts down?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Hsve you tried to compare the two in other locations? Locateme works very well for me at home and several other locations I have tried it, but I haven't upgraded to compare it to google maps.
Yes, and I live in Boston. It's always very off for me.

- John

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
i rejailbroke and everything is working fine on maps except one thing: the pinpoint feature
You mean the locater doesn't work? If so, if you didn't update the baseband, then it won't work unless you use the LocateMe app first. Then, until your next reset, it will work on its own.

I used iclarified's baseband updater to bring my baseband up to 1.1.3's. This solves the google locater problem and doesn't need 3rd party app assistance. It also solved a problem I had with iTunes, which thought my phone was damaged!

The iclarified method does come with risks, though, because people have had hit and miss results. So use at your own risk.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
You mean the locater doesn't work? If so, if you didn't update the baseband, then it won't work unless you use the LocateMe app first. Then, until your next reset, it will work on its own.

I used iclarified's baseband updater to bring my baseband up to 1.1.3's. This solves the google locater problem and doesn't need 3rd party app assistance. It also solved a problem I had with iTunes, which thought my phone was damaged!

The iclarified method does come with risks, though, because people have had hit and miss results. So use at your own risk.
i have 04.02.13_G currently. can someone give me a quick explanation of what baseband this is? i don't understand the difference between baseband and bootloader.