How do you keep your iPhone cool in summer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
How do you keep your phone cool in the summer and warmer in the winter when you have to keep it in your car? I work where security is paramount and they refuse to let you in with your cell phone. If you do bring it in, you could be written up or fired.

Just checking.

Fred

JMSinTX

Jul 1, 2007
That is a great question...

Heat is the #1 killer of batteries. I would not worry about the cold with the iPhone in the glove box or console. If I had to leave my iPhone in the car down here in TX, every day during the summer, I would use one of those little insulated coolers that holds a 6 pack of cans, put the iPhone in a sealed ziplock and put one of those sealed blue cold packs in there.

If anyone has a better solution, please respond, I have thought about this myself.

JMS in TX

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
experiment

Heat is the #1 killer of batteries. I would not worry about the cold with the iPhone in the glove box or console. If I had to leave my iPhone in the car down here in TX, every day during the summer, I would use one of those little insulated coolers that holds a 6 pack of cans, put the iPhone in a sealed ziplock and put one of those sealed blue cold packs in there.

If anyone has a better solution, please respond, I have thought about this myself.

JMS in TX

Thanks, I did some experimenting which I think most would find helpful. I have a digital "laser" thermometer...just point it at something and it gives you the temperature. We have had some very hot and humid temps in the 90's. I used a cooler and put an ice pack in it (sans iPhone) and then put it in my car with the windows rolled up for 8 hours.

The result? The outside of the cooler was almost 120 degrees. When opened, the inside temperature read 76 degrees. Perfect operating temperature. Very Impressive! And this was with the windows up...it was better when the windows were cracked a bit which allowed air to circulate with a temperature reading inside the cooler at 68 degrees to 72 degrees.

FWIW....

Fred