How do you leave a custom message on the iPhone

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
I am trying to record a message on my iPhone. I say the standard "I can't come to the phone now....etc" and save it. When I use another phone to test it I call my phone and let it ring until the message starts.

I hear a voice say that "welcome to AT&T voicemail. We need more information... please enter the 10 digit number..blah, blah."

Why can't the caller just hear the message I created without redialling the phone number again? Is there a way around this?

Thanks....

H

Hayesimus

I've never even heard of this. I would say this is an issue with AT&T and nothing to do with the iPhone. Call them and tell them you need help setting up your voicemail. I'd call from a landline though, as they will probably want to do some test calls to ascertain whether it works or not.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Make sure that when you go into Phone->Voicemail->Greeting->Custom is chosen as opposed to the default. If this is already chosen then I would do as Hayes said and call AT&T.

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
Make sure that when you go into Phone->Voicemail->Greeting->Custom is chosen as opposed to the default. If this is already chosen then I would do as Hayes said and call AT&T.

Thanks much for the advice. I will call AT&T and see what happens.

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
Thanks guys..... Calling AT&T and having them reset my mailbox was a painless operation.

All is well now.

H

Hayesimus

Glad to help! :p