How do you make cover flow work for videos?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I didn't know coverflow worked on the DVDs from iTunes. None of my movies on my iPhone are from iTunes. I just converted them. So I have never seen that.

If on iTunes movies purchased through them has cover art - maybe one day they will put in the coverflow on the iPhone.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
In iTunes, click on the movie and Get Info.

The last tab is artwork and allows you to choose an appropriate jpg. This may then allow coverflow to work on the iPhone.

I'll be giving it a try later.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
In iTunes, click on the movie and Get Info.

The last tab is artwork and allows you to choose an appropriate jpg. This may then allow coverflow to work on the iPhone.

I'll be giving it a try later.
I didn't know about that. It's pretty cool. I'll give it a try tonight

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
no, even if you download movies/music videos/tv shows from the iTunes store it wont let you use cover flow for videos =[ i don't know why, it s really stupid that they don't let you. probably because not many ppl will have to many videos, and even so, the ppl hat have the most videos cant have too many videos since we don't have that much storage space. i think Apple intended cover flow to be for things that have a lot of files to choose from. but then again the iPhone doesn't do a lot of small things that it should do.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
While I can understand now having the cover flow on the iPhone (due to the limited storage) I would love it on my Classic (160GB) because as of yet I've got about 25 movies on there.

Music videos are on cover flow and if you touch it plays just the song.
That is intentional. The iPhone is treating the video as a song. If you look for any music video, it is always listed not only in the videos section, but also allong with that bands music in your iPod. So if you select that song title under the bands music, it will always just play the audio only and this is why it shows up in coverflow, because it is just the audio. The video will only play when selecting the video through the video section of the iPod.