How do you make ringtones on a Mac?

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
On a mac computer? Which program do you use to make ringtones?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I've used both iPhoneRingToneMaker and iToner - both are paid software, but they work very well. I'd give the edge to iPhoneRingToneMaker since you can edit your audio files right in the program to the section and length you want for a ringtone. iToner has a 15-day trial period, IIRC, so you can test it out before you buy it...

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I've used both iPhoneRingToneMaker and iToner - both are paid software, but they work very well. I'd give the edge to iPhoneRingToneMaker since you can edit your audio files right in the program to the section and length you want for a ringtone. iToner has a 15-day trial period, IIRC, so you can test it out before you buy it...
Macgirl: Do either of these programs work on a PC? My husband andI have already configured the Macbook Pro we want, but we haven't configured the $ to buy it. We are stuck and have a PC. If none of these can work with PC is there any program you know of that can?

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
With these programs does it void your Apple warranty? You prefer the iPhoneringtonermaker over the iToner?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Macgirl: Do either of these programs work on a PC? My husband andI have already configured the Macbook Pro we want, but we haven't configured the $ to buy it. We are stuck and have a PC. If none of these can work with PC is there any program you know of that can?
iPhoneRingtoneMaker (by Efiko Software) does come in a PC version. And it's even better than the Mac version because it can use DRM-protected music files purchased from the iTunes store to make ringtones, whereas the Mac version can't...

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
iPhoneRingtoneMaker (by Efiko Software) does come in a PC version. And it's even better than the Mac version because it can use DRM-protected music files purchased from the iTunes store to make ringtones, whereas the Mac version can't...
WOW! Thanks macgirl! That is great news. I will look into getthing this software asap!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
With these programs does it void your Apple warranty? You prefer the iPhoneringtonermaker over the iToner?
I honestly don't know if it voids the warranty. I doubt it, though, but I haven't read the user agreements for iTunes or the iPhone word for word to check. My guess is that it's safe - since all ringtones added to your iTunes library look the same in the end (same audio format and stored in the same folder in your iTunes library on your hard drive), there's no way they could tell if you got your ringtones through software like iPhoneRingtoneMaker, legitimately through Garageband, or purchased from the iTunes store...