How do you organize apps on your home screen?

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
I have a page dedicated to games, a page for navigation , a page for weather and aviation stuff, and well you get the idea. Is this obsessive compulsive or what?!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I have a page dedicated to games, a page for navigation , a page for weather and aviation stuff, and well you get the idea. Is this obsessive compulsive or what?!
I don't think so. I have pages sorted by category, i.e., games, navigation, information, etc. Seems perfectly normal to have your apps ordered and not bunched together so you can find them quickly. :cool:

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Mines the same, mostly.

My first page is what I use everyday:

My second and third pages are for games and what not:

And my fourth and fifth pages are for more utility and productivity based apps:

So no, you're not alone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
My first page is stuff that I use on a regular basis, and I have one page dedicated to games. The last page is just random stuff (but no games).

I've really been trying to keep it to 3 pages, I don't know why... I'm sure it's inevitable that i'll have to use more than that but for now I delete everything that isn't too important.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Mine's not really organized at all - I just know what page every app is on. The first is stock order, with MxTube in YouTube's spot, Evernote in Notes' spot, WeatherBug in Weather's spot, and biteSMS it SMS' spot. Cydia and Installer also reside on that page.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
id really like to have everything organized, but theres no way i could ever do that if you have to drag every single app where you want it to one at a time. i usually just have whatever i use the most closer to the first screen

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
Mines the same, mostly.

My first page is what I use everyday:

My second and third pages are for games and what not:

And my fourth and fifth pages are for more utility and productivity based apps:

So no, you're not alone!
Where did you get Mac rumors?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I wish I could have that many apps again. Every time I load a lot of apps they start crashing left and right. What is wrong with my phone!?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I wish I could have that many apps again. Every time I load a lot of apps they start crashing left and right. What is wrong with my phone!?
One thing I have noticed with Apps crashing all the time is whenver a lot of them are getting put on the phone at one time. A co worker of mine didn't even have the 2.0 software on her phone, and didn't know about the apps. So I told her about it, and she started downloading apps like crazy, 100+. The next day when I helped her install, after waiting the hour for the apps the sync, NONE of them worked, not a one! This also happened for one my other friends, he downloaded about 10-15 apps from iTunes and went to sync NONE of them worked either. I have never had more than one app crash, I pretty much only download new apps from the iPhone while I am at work.

SmartAlx, How many apps do you download at a time?

I think what might be the problem is that people are restoring their phones as new, then putting A BUNCH of apps on, thus all the apps are failing.

IMO

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
None of that is true for me. I put apps on my phone slowly. I generally see a new one i like and put it on my phone to try out. Before I know it, I have 3 pages of apps and they start crashing.

Restarting the phone does nothing. Taking the apps off of the phone isn't an option either because I lose all of my settings.

The only thing that's worked is backing up the phone and restoring it from that backup. But that takes about an hour, on a GOOD day!

Really, 2.0.x just sucks. Plain and simple. I'm not surprised that there's a class action lawsuit against Apple. Not one bit.

sherpa

Aug 6, 2008
USA
I have mine setup similar to few users above as well! My first screen is my regularly/frequently used applications. Second page for Multimedias. 3rd for online apps. 4th for Games. Finally, 5th for system utilities.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I have mine setup similar to few users above as well! My first screen is my regularly/frequently used applications. Second page for Multimedias. 3rd for online apps. 4th for Games. Finally, 5th for system utilities.
SHERPA, welcome to the EIC!
Grab some popcorn and enjoy!

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Dock:
  • Mail
  • Calendar
  • Things
  • Phoe
Page1: Daily used applications
  • Contacts
  • IPod
  • Notes
  • Camera
  • Clock
  • Calculator
  • Maps
  • 1Password
  • SplashID
  • Text
  • Safari
  • AIM
Page2: News and information
  • NYTimes
  • Mobile News
  • Currency
  • YPmobile
  • Movies
  • Showtimes
  • eBay
  • Shazam
  • Stocks
  • Epocrates Rx
  • Weather
  • SplashShopper
Page3: Frivolous and Lightly used
  • Flashlight
  • AOL Radio
  • Photos
  • Google
Page4: Games and Fun
  • Cannon Game
  • JirboBreak
  • Labrinyth LE
  • Othello
  • Tap Top
  • TicTacToe
  • YouTube
  • Sol Free
  • Brain Tuner
Page5: Settings and Stores
  • Settings
  • App Store
  • iTunes

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Dock:
  • Mail
  • Calendar
  • Things
  • Phoe
Page1: Daily used applications
  • Contacts
  • IPod
  • Notes
  • Camera
  • Clock
  • Calculator
  • Maps
  • 1Password
  • SplashID
  • Text
  • Safari
  • AIM
Page2: News and information
  • NYTimes
  • Mobile News
  • Currency
  • YPmobile
  • Movies
  • Showtimes
  • eBay
  • Shazam
  • Stocks
  • Epocrates Rx
  • Weather
  • SplashShopper
Page3: Frivolous and Lightly used
  • Flashlight
  • AOL Radio
  • Photos
  • Google
Page4: Games and Fun
  • Cannon Game
  • JirboBreak
  • Labrinyth LE
  • Othello
  • Tap Top
  • TicTacToe
  • YouTube
  • Sol Free
  • Brain Tuner
Page5: Settings and Stores
  • Settings
  • App Store
  • iTunes
Wow, You do know you can take a screenshot of the iPhone right?

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
^Sure, but I'm a glutton for punishment! :p

Seriously, I type fast and don't know if taking the pics, going to the photo app, emailing them to myself, extracting them, and then linking is that much faster. Unless of course, I'm missing the faster way to do this! :laugh2:

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
^Sure, but I'm a glutton for punishment! :p

Seriously, I type fast and don't know if taking the pics, going to the photo app, emailing them to myself, extracting them, and then linking is that much faster. Unless of course, I'm missing the faster way to do this! :laugh2:
Actually there is a faster way to do this...
If you hvae PC the iPhone should come upin the Digital Camera category of windows explorer.
If you have a Mac, you can open them in iPhoto. Not sure exactly, I will find out. Hold on!

EDIT:
Thanks to Lincoln in a post HERE he explains how to disable the feature, you ofcourse are looking to enable it.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
LOL. You are right! All my pics get uploaded to Aperture. Wasn't even thinking of that!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Actually there is a faster way to do this...
If you hvae PC the iPhone should come upin the Digital Camera category of windows explorer.
Funny the pictures of the home screens I just took don't show up in Windows Explorer. And I've done this before.