How do you protect your iPhone 4 from scratches?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Maurader101, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Maurader101

Maurader101 New Member

I was wondering how you guys protect your iPhone 4.. I have screen and back protector on both sides of my iPhone and the Apple bumper around the steel band.

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Otterbox defender. I'm not worried about scratches, as glass is less prone to scratches. But it's the dropping I'm worried about.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Badfishy

Badfishy Contributor
    Bronze

Up until today I have been going naked with a bumper. I've been noticing small pits around the bumper line that wouldn't come off. I've also been noticing a few hair line scratches on the screen. I keep my iPhone 4 in my pocket with nothing else in it when it's not sitting on my desk at work or counter at home.

I've had zagg shields on old devices in the past, but never liked the orange peel feel they had. I just put a zagg on my MacBook air and noticed the orange peel feel was all but gone. I decided to put a zagg shield on my iPhone 4 today and love it so far. They must've changed their skins up because this is not the bumpy zagg skin I remember from the past. The feel is a little more tacky than the bare screen, but still smooth enough for my liking. I'm also pleased with the lack of smudges and prints using this shield. I'm back on the zagg swag!

4. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Zagg on both sides and either a bumper or a full case with back protection. I rotate my cases every few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just use an Apple bumper. Never used a screen protector and my screen still looks good. The oleophobic coating is long gone, though.

6. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

No! The best of the best is POWER SUPPORT PROTECTOR. It's scratch proof for many months and looks exactly the way it is when new.

7. Chex

Chex Member

I have one of the free cases Apple gave out...a Speck.

With that case(or any thin case like it) it then fits the iskin Revo iPhone 3G/3GS belt clip@$14.99 it's 5 bucks cheaper then the Revo belt clip for the iPhone 4...(which may also fit my Speck case, never tried one)

Never used anything on the glass, I don't care if it scratches... but it never has.

For abuse its been dropped many times, been through 5 broken belt clips(my abuse).

Survived a motorcycle accident(the Revo belt clip broke)which put me in the hospital for 5 days(out of work for 2 months)but the iPhone 4 was fine.

Then yesterday I was on the 2nd story of my house putting a new roof on and ripped my tool belt off to climb down for lunch, heard the Revo belt clip snap and it flew through the air and 35' later landed out in the yard.

It will be fine I thought...and it was :)

Next time I have to remember to turn on the video camera before I try to destroy it :)

They are tough phones!

Sent by iPhone 5 using iCafe app...Voices of dissension are the root of change for unfair practices...

8. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

I agree, that what I use! Plus a case of some sort usually Speck or Case Mate.

9. Bluewing

Bluewing Member
    Bronze

i just use an otterbox commuter, and no screen protector. I've had it since launch day and it still looks brand new

10. Ispeed

Ispeed New Member

I don't use anything. It's just a phone.

11. Badfishy

Badfishy Contributor
    Bronze

Just a phone? I remember a time when that was a true statement, but that was back when I transitioned from a beeper. Cell phones haven't been just a phone since they first started loading games like snake in them. Just a phone...these smart phones far out power the desktop computers of the 90's and even some of this century.

12. EdWood209

EdWood209 New Member

Just got myself a shiny new iPhone, always wondered what the fuss was all about. . . And now I know! we are soon to be we'd ;)
    Anyways, the 'Griffin Survivor' is what I use as protection, it has a built in screen protector, it be da bomb yo!

13. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Be careful. Handle with care. I've had my iPhone 4 for over a year. Only thing on it is a bumper because of the antenna issues. Not a single scrtach. I'm very careful with it.

14. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I use Steinheil Anti-Glare back and front. I usually combo this protection with some sort of case.

15. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Bumper + empty pocket = scratch-free iPhone 4

16. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I always have spare change in at least one pocket.

17. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I once loved Zagg but have gone right-off them in recent months. Just a simple Speck case and an empty pocket keep my phone scratch free.

18. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

It's one of the few perks of having no money.

19. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Chris...the rest of us are broke so it's not a problem to have an empty pocket. :p

20. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Notes don't scratch your screen :p