How do you remove the invisible shield?

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I have the invisible shield on the front of the phone and the back and sides. Any tricks to getting it off? The corners are up so the back should not be too hard (Though it will probably destroy the invisible shield), but the front piece is the part I am worried about. I do not want to damage the front of the iPhone as it has to go back for warranty work.

Any tips appreciated.

ungucpho

Feb 27, 2008
i just pull mine off, the adhesive is pretty strong but you won't damage anything

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Yup just peel it off.. Its a scratchproof screen so don't worry about damaging it. Been using it for months now without any problem. Can simply wipe of the dirt and finger stains..

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Truly you can just pull it off like a band-aid. Doing it this way, however, has a good chance of stretching the shields out, thus ruining them. This isn't much of a problem, of course, as you can just get replacements from Zagg. However, I have had success with using the application spray to re-moisten the shield before pulling it off. I believe this will still stretch the shield slightly, but it won't cause any actual visible marks so that you can still reuse the shield. If you don't have any more of the application spray, I understand that it's simply nothing more than distilled water.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Dude, just rip the darn thing off. Zagg will send you a new set of shields. It's part of their policy.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
You are right, I forgot about the warranty. $3.95 shipping and mail them the old one back to keep your warranty.

Done!

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I also have invisible shield on my phone, front and back.

I'm starting to considering to take it off, as well....
the corner gets kinda dirty... kinda collect the lint or whatever when I put it in my pocket...

This is what I understood their liftime warranty thing... if you bought it from Zagg online, it's automatically register yours on their system.
If you bought it somewhere else, you need to register it in order to get the life time warranty...

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
Use your Google Fu Grasshopper and search the web... There are a bunch of videos of folks removing the invisible shield. :cool: