How do you set a diff wallpaper for lock screen?

H

Hayesimus

I know its possible. I've seen it done. How? I have searched. and no one seems to have had much success in explaining it easily or the search isn't showing me pertinent info. anyone?!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I know its possible. I've seen it done. How? I have searched. and no one seems to have had much success in explaining it easily or the search isn't showing me pertinent info. anyone?!
This is probably another example of my :sick:, but is this different than going into iPhone settings/wallpaper?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm wondering the same thing. Surely you aren't asking how to change the image behind 'Slide to unlock', Hayes?

- John

H

Hayesimus

no no. some people have figured out how to have a TOTALLY different wallpaper than the one behind their home screen. I can't find the answer but I know its been done.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You mean... SummerBoard? I'm rather confused.

- John

H

Hayesimus

huh? no. i'm saying that some people have two different wallpapers. Wallpaper A and Wallpaper B. Now in sleep mode, on the lock screen, you see Wallpaper A. "SLIDE TO UNLOCK" and then bam! You see Wallpaper B. I don't know how its done. Here lemme see if i can find the link. Just a sec.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ahh.. Okay. Well, the Unlock screen wallpaper is set in Settings. The homescreen wallpaper is part of a theme. So, right now, my Unlock screen's wallpaper is a picture of some trees I took. My home screen wallpaper, however, is the Leopard space image, which is in my theme, John's theme. (Original,eh?)

Themes reside in /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes. Each has a folder, and inside is another folder called icons, which houses the icons, and in the original folder is dock.png, wallpaper,png, etc.

- John

H

Hayesimus

ok i have never even touched themes. So do i need to mess with icons? I have both customize 2.0 and summerboard on my 1.1.4 phone. so please tell me precisely what I should do. Oh.. and FYI I can't seem to access any of the images or sounds i've downloaded via installer through customize. any thoughts on that also?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
On the sounds first. I don't really know, since Im not using 2.0 after is screwed my phone, but I don't think it's compatible with downloaded sounds.

Now, to build your theme. There is an application called ThemeBuilder, but I'm going to walk you through the old fashioned way.

1) Create a new folder in /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes - name it whatever you want the theme to be called. In that folder, create another entitled Icons.

2) I've seen pictures of your mods - you have custom icons. I assume you're just replacing the icon.png files in each app to do so. Wherever you have those icons stored, drop them all into the new 'Icons' folder. Now name each one to its respective app - name the icon for Phone Phone.png, the icon for Installer Installer.png, etc.

3) Now take the wallpaper you want behind the icons and rename it Wallpaper.png, placing it in the theme folder, not the icons one.

4) Do the same for the Dock, menubar, whatever - Dock.png, Menubar.png, etc.

5) You can now select the theme in SMBPrefs.

- John

H

Hayesimus

awesome! thanks. i'll give it a go shortly

H

Hayesimus

also would i have to name some of them the long name like mobilesms.png and mobiletimer.png etc?

H

Hayesimus

okay what are the settings supposed to be on summerboard. i did as you said but my images are both the same still. i put the wallpaper i wanted behind my contacts into that folder but it didn't work.

H

Hayesimus

never mind
i didn't remember to save the wallpaper as a png. i got it now. thanks for all your help john.

H

Hayesimus

And VOILA!

00001.jpg

002.jpg

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
OMG!...I LOVE your summerboard theme I want it! But see I don't mess with the old way of putting them on. I can only do it through installer and customize....:) I've have seen a lot on customize but they are kinda just not what I like but yours...I love the brightness of it and the wallpaper and the icons....ALL of it!

Last edited by a moderator:

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
if you have the newest catepillar installed you can have a different wallpaper for every page on your summerboard.

Jun 13, 2011
can someone guide me through this the simplest way. please! Thankss
XOXO