How do you transfer music?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tunman

Jul 27, 2007
How do you transfer your music from iTunes to your iPhone. Will it not let me do it like my iPod? I have my albums loaded into iTunes but when I sync it doesn't load them onto my iPhone. It says it's syncing, albums are checked but nada.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
With the iPhone connected, did you go to iTunes to the MUSIC tab and select "Sync Music" and check which songs, playlists you want to sync with the phone? That should fix your problem.

mike3141

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
You have to define one or more Playlists in iTunes and put albums/songs into them. Then select which playlists are to be sync'd onto your iPhone and then hit the Sync button.

tunman

Jul 27, 2007
How do you select which playlists to be synced?

Is there a tutorial for how to transfer songs?

I have several albums under my Library > Music. Shouldn't those just SYNC with my iPhone if all the songs are checked when I click SYNC?

tunman

Jul 27, 2007
So I created a new Playlist called Albums and put several albums in there. All the songs are checked.

Then I go to my iPhone then Music then SYNC and it says SYNCING but no music transfers.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Connect iPhone

Go to iTunes and click on your iPhone name on the left under the DEVICES tab

Click the MUSIC tab and select "Sync Music" and check either ALL SONGS AND PLAYLISTS or SELECTED PLAYLISTS and choose which playlists you want to sync with the phone

Then click Sync

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
You see this, then hit Sync and it still doesn't transfer any music?

Last edited by a moderator:

the.spook

Aug 26, 2007
Same problem

Hi,

I'm having the same problem :(

I can sync my calander, contacts etc.. but not music. And I can't see the screen anywhere like in the screenshot tharmsen posted?

When i click on iPhone in under my devices, I get the message you see in the attached JPEG.

Any ideas?

Attachments

the.spook

Aug 26, 2007
Like I said, IT IS SYNCING the other items, just not music.

I have to right click on my iPhone under my devices, then select sync... no music syns :(