How do you upload your music?

Otacon132

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
I have to create a playlist and select that playlist in sync to upload......

is there a way to drag/drop from your "Music" library straight to the iPhone i tunes?

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
While first plugging in your iPhone via dock their should be an option where you can choose what you would like to put into your iPhone.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
When you plug into iTunes, your phone will show up as a device just below the Green iTunes store in the left sidebar.

Just hi-light the the phone device and then you see the summary, music, video bla bla

And this is where you select your playlists in the music section.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I have to create a playlist and select that playlist in sync to upload......

is there a way to drag/drop from your "Music" library straight to the iPhone i tunes?
If you have another music library and want to import music to iTunes, you can do that also. Is this what you are asking?

Otacon132

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
well, my old ipod version 2 i was able to manually click and drag songs from my library onto the ipod itself. I haven't owned an Apple product since then and i was wondering if its possible to do this with the iPhone.

When i try and click and drag from the library to the iPhone, it grey's out and wont drag into it. I have 80gigs of music =P so i cant just select the songs. I end up making a playlist named iPhone and set it to sync only that playlist. But id really like to just drag songs in.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
well, my old ipod version 2 i was able to manually click and drag songs from my library onto the ipod itself. I haven't owned an Apple product since then and i was wondering if its possible to do this with the iPhone.

When i try and click and drag from the library to the iPhone, it grey's out and wont drag into it. I have 80gigs of music =P so i cant just select the songs. I end up making a playlist named iPhone and set it to sync only that playlist. But id really like to just drag songs in.
The short answer is no, not through iTunes you can't manually add music by dragging it. You can only sync playlists.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
The short answer is no, not through iTunes you can't manually add music by dragging it. You can only sync playlists.
And the great thing about iPhone playlist is that you don't have to connect the device in order to add to or delete from the playlist, which IMHO, is a better way than the drag n' drop that you're used to with the iPod.