How do you use your iPhone with EiC

Nov 10, 2008
This is a personal question posed to each of the users of EiC. I just want to find out how each of you use EiC with your iPhones to keep up to date with all your favorite threads and just generally get the most out of the café we all love so much. P

Nov 10, 2008
Err... Thanks. I'm sure there arnt many ppl that don't. I'm actually looking for a lil more detail than that tho... P

ihack

Bronze
Nov 7, 2008
Orange Park, FL
LOL. I figured that. I use it as my morning news paper for all the news and info. I get up at 5am and read for about 30 mins then off to work

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Not to be rude, but how many different ways are there? Open up EIC, and look around...

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
i use the Enhanced version and hit New Posts a lot

Nov 10, 2008
I guess I am being a bit vague, so I'll excuse SRT8's unnecessary use of sarcam - this time!

What I mean is...
Eg: 1. do u read the blog portion of the forum.
2. If so, do you rss it.
3. If so, do you use the built in mac reader or an rss app.
4. If rss app which one?
5. Do you read forum posts (probably since you're replying to this one)?
6. If so how do you go about finding ones that tickle you?
7. Do you subscribe to them and if so what is the frequency you set the email notification to and why?

That sorta thing. Just trying to come up with the most efficient way to go about my forum usage, find out if the rss is worth having etc. P

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I guess I am being a bit vague, so I'll excuse SRT8's unnecessary use of sarcam - this time!

What I mean is...
Eg: 1. do u read the blog portion of the forum.
2. If so, do you rss it.
3. If so, do you use the built in mac reader or an rss app.
4. If rss app which one?
5. Do you read forum posts (probably since you're replying to this one)?
6. If so how do you go about finding ones that tickle you?
7. Do you subscribe to them and if so what is the frequency you set the email notification to and why?

That sorta thing. Just trying to come up with the most efficient way to go about my forum usage, find out if the rss is worth having etc. P
You were correct with the sarcasm. After reading your most recent post, I was getting the question. Now it makes sense.

As for the blogs, I have a netnewswire app for Mac and iPhone. I use the one on my phone more than on my Mac just cause new blogs come once every other day, so it is very easy to read a 2 minute article on my phone.

I subscribe to all threads, they go to my gmail account where I have a filter for "everythingicafe" so it doesn't clog my inbox, but I can know as soon as someone replies. I also like the subscription aspect because it goes straight to the thread, instead of clicking for it. I know the very very active prefer no email notification, and just look under their subscribed threads in quick links. To each is own.

Nov 10, 2008
I'm not even surprised by it anymore - it happens so often that the person you disagree with the most at the beginning ends up being the one you have the biggest accord with in the end. Very informative post SRT8 thank you!

I use free rss reader because I like being able to add subscribtions on the fly from my phone. P

Nov 10, 2008
Oh and beta does kick some proper ass, they just need to give it more functionality. I hope the powers that be are reading this! P

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
^^^
I can't search or reply to pm's from the light version. I would like for this to be fixed.