How do you?

iLami

Jul 6, 2007
I got the iPhone at launch and cannot for the life of me figure out how to:

1) Delete a contact from the Phone?
2) Delete a song from the iPod?
3) Load one song at a time from iTunes to the iPod? (I can do this with my iPod Mini, but I understand that with the Nano you cannot do this and can only load songs in bulk via Playlists? Whats the deal with iPhone?)
4) How do I delete everyone I have ever texted to? Women that come to visit me love to look at my phone when I am in the shower to get an idea who else is on my Roster. I have figured out ho to delete conversations, but the person I had the conversation with is staying stuck on the Message list

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN

3) Load one song at a time from iTunes to the iPod? (I can do this with my iPod Mini, but I understand that with the Nano you cannot do this and can only load songs in bulk via Playlists? Whats the deal with iPhone?)
4) How do I delete everyone I have ever texted to? Women that come to visit me love to look at my phone when I am in the shower to get an idea who else is on my Roster. I have figured out ho to delete conversations, but the person I had the conversation with is staying stuck on the Message list
1. From your Address Book on a Mac or Outlook on a PC
2. Through iTunes
3. Can not be done. You need to sync your playlists through iTunes.
4. In your SMS message thread, sweep your finger from left to right the thread you want to delete. A red delete button will appear and you can then remove the thread.

iLami

Jul 6, 2007
one more question- can i delete songs one at a time once they are on my iPhone?

thx for the first few answers

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
one more question- can i delete songs one at a time once they are on my iPhone?

thx for the first few answers
No, you will need to remove them from whatever playlist you are syncing in iTunes.

Any types of file or music transfers will need to go through iTunes. Think of it as the gatekeeper to your iPhone. There are some advantages and disadvantages to this approach, but for the most part, it's the easiest for syncing.

iLami

Jul 6, 2007
I see, so here is my problem- I have about 100 songs on my iPod, and I need to basically delete them all and just start over by sending Playlists over. I see that the playlist they are under is 'shuffle' as I just sent my entire iTunes library to it, and none of my songs in iTunes were in any Playlists, as the concept of a Playlist was not even real to me until about 48 hours ago...

so how do I just delete everything (well, all my songs, I don't wanna undo all the other changes I have made to my phone so far) off my iPhone and start over

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
You should seriously consider a password if you want to keep stuff on your iPhone private.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I see, so here is my problem- I have about 100 songs on my iPod, and I need to basically delete them all and just start over by sending Playlists over. I see that the playlist they are under is 'shuffle' as I just sent my entire iTunes library to it, and none of my songs in iTunes were in any Playlists, as the concept of a Playlist was not even real to me until about 48 hours ago...

so how do I just delete everything (well, all my songs, I don't wanna undo all the other changes I have made to my phone so far) off my iPhone and start over
In iTunes make a new play list. Mine is called iPhone.

On the music tab on the iPhone screen check only sync with selected playlist and place a check mark next to the iPhone play list you created.

Only the songs on the playlist will be on the iPhone after you sync.
the sync process will delete any songs on the iPhone thae are not on the new play list.

hiwind

Jul 1, 2007
i also want to delete all my songs and tried what you said and all the songs are still on my iPhone! i made a new playlist and checked it in music - not working

Gman

Jul 7, 2007

this might be useful for you...it's a site for new and soon to be iPhone users..it's always being updated...

http://web.mac.com/wolfiemac/iWeb/i...ne /909EF1DA-26D6-4996-A47E-1D33FE648F5D.html

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
i also want to delete all my songs and tried what you said and all the songs are still on my iPhone! i made a new playlist and checked it in music - not working
Did you uncheck your old playlists that you had originally synced?
Whatever is checked is what will be synced, if you want something to be deleted, it should be unchecked in iTunes.