How does iCloud Drive work?

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I'm a little confused by this. How does it work? Is it an app because I don't see it after the update? Apples website isn't much help. I remember it asking me to enable it after the update but after that I'm lost. Thanks :)

Sent using iCafe app

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I've been looking at it, too. I don't quite get it, but I think it is not like the Dropbox or Onedrive apps where you can see all your iCloud data.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I would think (my downloads keep failing ) that this feature will be available once you got your counterpart on a Mac? Also can anyone save something and get the Drive options ?
I thought we could store files in iCloud Drive in folders like in OneDrive or Dropbox. That's how it was portrayed.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Just figured icloud drive out. You have to use an app that uses icloud drive such as iWorks - Numbers, Keynote, Pages, or 3rd party apps that have been updated to support icloud drive. In was able to access icloud drive from my Scanner Pro app when I scanned a document.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411055515.795155.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411055530.530848.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411055543.526799.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411055553.045068.jpg

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Just figured icloud drive out. You have to use an app that uses icloud drive such as iWorks - Numbers, Keynote, Pages, or 3rd party apps that have been updated to support icloud drive. In was able to access icloud drive from my Scanner Pro app when I scanned a document.

View attachment 38301

View attachment 38302

View attachment 38303

View attachment 38304
I knida figured something like that . I asked earlier if someone can save something to see if it would kick in. I am still waiting to get my iPad uploaded and my iPhone is sold :(

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL

View attachment 38301

View attachment 38302

View attachment 38303

View attachment 38304
I did the same in that app, but can't find the folders and option list you show. How do I get that? Which button do I tap?

Never mind. I found it.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I'm disappointed with iCloud Drive. I thought it would be an app like OneDrive, where we could store files as we do in OneDrive, Box, Dropbox and etc. I don't find it useful as it is for anything I do. I only have 5 gb in iCloud. I need that for backing up my phone, not storage. If they were separate with 5 gb each, it wouldn't be so bad. I see it as an attempt by Apple to make us use up our free 5 gb and have to buy more. With the apps I already have, I have an accumulative free gb cloud storage of 75 free gb of storage. I've only used a fraction of that. And I could add Google Drive for 15 gb more. So I won't even use iCloud Drive. It's too much trouble for so little.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I'm disappointed with iCloud Drive. I thought it would be an app like OneDrive, where we could store files as we do in OneDrive, Box, Dropbox and etc. I don't find it useful as it is for anything I do. I only have 5 gb in iCloud. I need that for backing up my phone, not storage. If they were separate with 5 gb each, it wouldn't be so bad. I see it as an attempt by Apple to make us use up our free 5 gb and have to buy more. With the apps I already have, I have an accumulative free gb cloud storage of 75 free gb of storage. I've only used a fraction of that. And I could add Google Drive for 15 gb more. So I won't even use iCloud Drive. It's too much trouble for so little.
We have to wait for app devs to integrate iCloud Drive with their iOS 8 apps. Once they do, it will be almost seamless just like Scanner Pro. I have Yosemite public beta 3 so I can take full advantage iCloud Drive because it's built into OS X. I can just drag and drop any file into any iCloud Drive folder and have it synced across all my computers and devices.

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 4.01.44 PM.png

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
We have to wait for app devs to integrate iCloud Drive with their iOS 8 apps. Once they do, it will be almost seamless just like Scanner Pro. I have Yosemite public beta 3 so I can take full advantage iCloud Drive because it's built into OS X. I can just drag and drop any file into any iCloud Drive folder and have it synced across all my computers and devices.

View attachment 38314
I just wanted storage space on my phone. I don't do syncing across devices. My laptop is XP and is corrupted or something. I'm trying to save for a Mac.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I have uploaded documents from the PC/Mac based browser to iCloud Drive. But if I create a new folder, there is no way to see it on my iDevices. A set up like Dropbox would be desirable.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I have uploaded documents from the PC/Mac based browser to iCloud Drive. But if I create a new folder, there is no way to see it on my iDevices. A set up like Dropbox would be desirable.
Yeah. I'm not even going to use iCloud Drive. They just want to sell more iCloud space. I don't need it. I have 75 free gb of storage with Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and Folder Plus.