How does notes work

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
How does the application Notes work on the iPhone?

This may sound silly but does anyone know how Notes works on the iPhone. The reason I ask is that I use my memo section often on my Treo 650 and my disapointment with the the Moto Q was the lack of having a means for me type type notes. I'm hoping it's not just a viewer for documents, but something we can actually type in.

Let me know what you think, or if you've seen is being used. (also where will the notes synch to if you are not using Outlook).

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I don't think anyone actually knows about this yet. There haven't been any demos on the notes feature. I'm just guessing that's its going to be something like the sticky notes widget. Just a really simple note pad.

But, I keep seeing snippits about notes or a to do list being built into the next version of Mail. I'm looking forward to that. Mail is probably the most used program on my computer and I'd love to see more functionality like that build into it.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Im sure you will be able to take notes on the phones, it does have a keyboard right? I don't think it will sync with outlook, but i am not sure. The notes will definitely sync with iTunes. I'm positive on that one.

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Im sure you will be able to take notes on the phones, it does have a keyboard right? I don't think it will sync with outlook, but i am not sure. The notes will definitely sync with iTunes. I'm positive on that one.
LOL, the Moto Q has a keyboard but unless you get an outside ap, you can only do Voice Memos. I'm confident that notes will allow us to write messages right into our phones.

As for outlook, I'm on a Mac so I have no plans on trying to synch with outlook, I'm just hoping there will be a way for me to interact with those notes on my desktop as well so I can do most of the typing there if I chose to.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I hope you can USE the functions on the iPhone unlike the ipod where it had to be on your pc first.

ebob

Jun 26, 2007
If there is no capability for entering notes on the iPhone (sychronized with some notes app on the Mac), that will be a deal breaker for me. As well as Tasks, but I'm hoping there will be parity for that:

iCal calendar <--> iPhone Calendar
iCal tasks <--> iPhone Calendar or ___?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If there is no capability for entering notes on the iPhone (sychronized with some notes app on the Mac), that will be a deal breaker for me. As well as Tasks, but I'm hoping there will be parity for that:

iCal calendar <--> iPhone Calendar
iCal tasks <--> iPhone Calendar or ___?
You might want to watch the demo. It specifically tells you how to sync your iCal and iContacts with your phone.

ebob

Jun 26, 2007
You might want to watch the demo. It specifically tells you how to sync your iCal and iContacts with your phone.
I did scan pretty well through the 20 minute demo, and just scanned it again. I just viewed the Activation and Sync video. Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall seeing anything in either video about how the iPhone handles tasks, if it does at all. In the sync video, it shows that it syncs iCal events, but does not specifically mention tasks. I understand that iCal syncs with the iPhone Calendar, but I am unclear on the tasks aspect. My question is not about iContacts. Which video specifically informs that tasks in iCal show up in Calendar? I think you are mistaken about that being shown.

I forgot to mention notes. Anyone know if the iPhone has a notes capability?

Bob

ebob

Jun 26, 2007
I see Word, Excel, and pdf's, but not a notes app. Do you know about where in the video that is?

Bob

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Hopefully it will be more than syncing notes from computer. I would like to add notes and calendar events on the go.

ebob

Jun 26, 2007
Which demo, the 20 minute one, and at what time? I am not finding input of notes or tasks (or even calendar events) in the 20 minute one.

ebob

Jun 26, 2007
Eliza, Thank you so much for getting the time -- it was such a short part, I really appreciate it! Made my day...

Bob