How does one change the Apple logo?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I have seen on some iPhones, the booting screen Apple is different.. how did they do that? like for example, the rainbow Apple log instead of the silver one...

any ideas? do I have to do this manually?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Nobody knows except for the hackers you saw in that video. In /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ there is a file called appelogo.png - which is one used when booting. However, the boot logo does not change when this file is changed.

- John

Aug 28, 2007
Nobody knows except for the hackers you saw in that video. In /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ there is a file called appelogo.png - which is one used when booting. However, the boot logo does not change when this file is changed.

- John

We need a hacker. NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston

- John
wait john, you saw that video too? with the jailbreak through iTunes?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
wait john, you saw that video too? with the jailbreak through iTunes?
Yeah, they're releasing their methods soon enough but the bad part is you have to build the ipsw with the image in it so you can't change later, you'd have to restore to get it.

I have a link about it in my sig.