How does Passbook work?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
Yeah I get the same error. Won't be much use in my country anyway, filed in my CrApple folder with the other stock apps.

Goodtimekid

Bronze
Jan 28, 2012
Mine doesn't work either. Wants to take me to app store. Then cant connect to app store

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Dec 19, 2011
You need an app that is compatible with passbook. In that app there will be an option to add your info into passbook. There are only a few so far from what I understand. The only one I have is the Walgreens app.

Nov 4, 2010
Ok, the key to this app is to not open the app directly. You must open an app that is compatible with passbook. For example, Starbucks.

When you open the Starbucks app, you can then update your information on your Starbucks account, so that gift cards, coupons, and preloaded $ are updated. Your credit card info is also an option, so that you can reload your loyalty card; you can also select specific locations.

For more info, go to www.passsource.com. You'll also get a list of current passbook friendly apps. Good luck!

Brent89

Dec 6, 2010
I tried this and it let me create a dummy Airline boarding pass. When I was done it took me to Passbook. Then I deleted it and it shredded it just like in the Keynote.

Brent89

Dec 6, 2010
See the other Passbook thread. One post has a link with explanation and a list of Apps that work with Passbook...Starbucks, Walgreens, etc. I got to create a fake airline boarding pass there which I could see in Passbook and eventually delete.

Brent89

Dec 6, 2010
www.passource.com
Looks like this site is for creating Passbook cards.
To use the Passbook App you must have to have the app and a card loaded for the vendor... Starbucks, Delta Airlines, etc. I don't have any cards so wasn't able to test for real.