How does Passbook work?

Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana
Yeah maybe it is just me and i am not as familiar with it. But it seems like it just a shorcut that has all kinds of apps included in it. For example i saw that when passbook was open it asked me to go to the app store. And when i went to the app store, it had things like instagram, twitter, starbucks etc on it. And when you clicked on those icons, it brought you to the app. And i was like, what the hell was the point in that? I could have just went straight into that app for all that? So i am still getting the hang of what it is.

Sep 19, 2012

passbook is new updation in ios6 for storing and acessing all kind of digital items like passes,coupons,giftcards & tickets

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Ok, the key to this app is to not open the app directly. You must open an app that is compatible with passbook. For example, Starbucks.

When you open the Starbucks app, you can then update your information on your Starbucks account, so that gift cards, coupons, and preloaded $ are updated. Your credit card info is also an option, so that you can reload your loyalty card; you can also select specific locations.

For more info, go to www.passsource.com. You'll also get a list of current passbook friendly apps. Good luck!
I've tried everything to link the Starbucks app and I can't do it. What am I doing wrong?

Nov 4, 2010
Jmp316,

Don't link...just interface with the Starbucks app alone. Go to the Settings tab, and complete that. You should be ready to rock and roll.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Sharunda
I got a few loaded through here
But it is a pain
Starbucks was the only one I did not need to enter from pasource
I can not get passbook to come up in the cloud either
I do believe it is glitchy and we will see an update quick
Meanwhile we hope more Companies get on board
I have a few I really want on my passbook
I used Keyring for years now and it's one App I can not live without

http://keyringapp.com/home

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
imutter I'll try to link my Starbucks with Passbook that'll be fun! I can't wait until more join in. It is glitchy and a lot of other new IOS6 improvements have to be smoothed out too. I also expect to see many IOS6 updates in the near future.

I'll check out keyringapp never heard of it.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Sharunda
Omg until passbook or even if it works
I can not deal with carrying all those rewards cards
It's so easy to use
This is my passbook so far nothing special
imutter
NICE! I have nothing in there yet. I do want to start loading up but I'l have to wait. A lot of stuff I'd use isn't available. I can try to load up Starbucks though. I have to put $ on the card.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
You need an app that is compatible with passbook. In that app there will be an option to add your info into passbook. There are only a few so far from what I understand. The only one I have is the Walgreens app.
Oh I checked out the Walgreens app and I seew how it's suppose to work.

Any airlines apps that have this feature?

Starbucks?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Still looks pretty complicated... :confused:

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
For instance...my wife has this Gold Starbucks card that she fills up with $$$ over and over. Gets her discounts on extra add on stuff like flavors etc...

So, how the heck do you get that thing in this passbook app and get the $$$ on the card in there...WTH...I'm so confused. lol