How does Passbook work?

Drex27

Apr 18, 2011
I put my best buy reward zone card in there, haven't tested it out at the store yet, but pretty cool , also my pet smart , and petco cards

jgx

Aug 8, 2013
Help! 2013 now, does it actually work yet? Is it just me? I've changed the time up a month, up a year. Tapped the App for Passbook. It either is a blank screen or it just opens the app separate from passbook. Shut if off, turned it back on, reset the clock again...nothing. It's probably me, but I'm reading the thread here and trying each example to get more than Starbucks into Passbook, but seem to be failing. Is there another trick? Tapping my foot while crossing my toes maybe?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If definitely works, but there aren't a tremendous amount of apps that work with it. Some require you jump through a few hoops in order to have it work. Starbucks is the easiest to set up and check, assuming you don't mind a good cup of coffee.

It's still not as easy as it should be and adoption is still limited. Here's more information on how to setup Passbook. At the bottom of the post, there are links to a few apps that are compatible.

Thank you for joining our community. I hope you stick around and I look forward to your contributions.

Last edited:

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I use it to get my boarding passes for United as well.
I've tried using it for some other things, but boarding passes are the only thing that I've found that makes the app truly useful. Having access to the boarding pass on the lock screen is way cool.