How good of an iPod is the iPhone?

jmido8

Nov 8, 2008
I sold my ipod touch 2G so I could get a phone and ipod as a single unit (the iPhone 3G). How well does the iPhone actually work as an ipod though? Is it basically the same thing as an ipod touch 2G but with phone features as well? I used my ipod touch to go running all the time. Is the iPhone safe to run with?

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I sold my ipod touch 2G so I could get a phone and ipod as a single unit (the iPhone 3G). How well does the iPhone actually work as an ipod though? Is it basically the same thing as an ipod touch 2G but with phone features as well? I used my ipod touch to go running all the time. Is the iPhone safe to run with?

yes the iPhone is an ipod with a phone. as far as runnng with it, i don't see why not...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
this may or may not matter to you, but the iPhone3g will not have the Nike+ system built into it like the v2 iPod touch.

But it will have GPS in addition to the phone functions.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
For me, its great. its easy to access the music, flip trough cover flow, get to play lists and it will pause the music when you get a call.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
One advantage the iPhone has over the iPod touch is that with such apps like Pandora you can use the iPhones Data to listen to music from where ever you may be:laugh2:

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I run with my iPhone all the time. No problems yet...

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
How well does the iPhone actually work as an ipod though? Is it basically the same thing as an ipod touch 2G but with phone features as well?
Yes it is the same and running will be no problem. If you are concerned about skipping, don't be.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Apple DID invent the ipod...so for them to release a phone and not make the ipod aspect of it up to par would be a blunder.

The ipod is great.

the_monitor

Bronze
Sep 30, 2008
MA
This is one of the main reasons I am getting one. My ipod video died about 3 months ago (ive been using a shuffle since) and it made no sense to buy another ipod for 250-300 dollars and then renew my contract with verizon.....so its killing 2 birds with one stone.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I think many people who bought the iPhone bought it for the fact that they can call and have music in one device vs, having a cellphone in your left pocket, your ipod in your right pocket, you wallet in the back left pocket, and your jumpdrive around your neck.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i bought it for the internet. The ipod and phone were icing.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I also think many people bought the iPhone cause they've owned an iPod or MacBook before ;)
-Kinda like when people bought iPhones then like a day later decide they want a MacBook haha :)

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
All I want is an equalizer. I hate the presets. Why does Apple love to leave out basic features?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Honestly I don't even really understand the equalizers except for the fact that some may make the "beat" sound more accoustic, or soft, or some even focusing on the singers voice and making the music kinda low. . .
-but my favorite equalizer is the Dance/Electric option...and thats because all it does is make the music louder:p

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Apple should provide a customizable EQ for the iPod / iPhone line. The settings while usable are very limited. Being a musician myself, I know that EQ Settings can be a game changer to any track.