How good or bad is the email app on iPhone?

Aug 13, 2008
hey...im thinking about buying an iPhone 3G with AT&T. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the email client is. Also, if i do NOT purchase Mobile Me, how often will i receieve my messages...will it automatically fetch my email after a certain amount of time, or do i need to manually do that? i will be using GMail and AOL if that matters

Thanks for the advice!
MikE

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I'm using Gmail as well and have my settings set to, "push" - off and "fetch" - manually.

I receive my mail almost immediately after it's sent (i just tested it). You can set it to fetch data every 15 min, 30 min, every hour, and manually. I have it set to hourly and works fine for me. Hope this helps :)

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
hey...im thinking about buying an iPhone 3G with AT&T. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the email client is. Also, if i do NOT purchase Mobile Me, how often will i receieve my messages...will it automatically fetch my email after a certain amount of time, or do i need to manually do that? i will be using GMail and AOL if that matters

Thanks for the advice!
MikE
use gmail. go to gmail settings and you cant set it up to send you a sms message whenever you receive an email. that way you can save battery life.

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Just get the regular 30 dollar data plan and you will be fine.:laugh2: