How has your experience with the iPhone 6 Plus compared to the 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by PatScandale, Oct 13, 2014.

1. PatScandale

PatScandale New Member

I currently have the 5, been very happy with 4" screen and was up for a hardware update. The dilemma between 6 and 6+?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Aside from a few bugs in iOS 8, I'm absolutely loving my 6 Plus. It feels great in the hand and the screen size is what I've wanted for some time.

4. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

My opinion is that if you have 4,5,or 5s and love that size then i would take baby steps and get the 6. and if you can deal with that size then next year get the 6s-plus or whatever they will call the bigger size next year

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My dad actually explained to me the main difference between the iPhone 6+ and his Galaxy, and that's the white part on the top and bottom and the sides. I didn't think of the new size that way. I love it. As mentioned above, the phone feels great still in the hand and still easy to use. I can still hold it in my left hand and text with my right hand.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I agree 100% with this..

Going from a 3.5"screen to a 4.7 is already quite the jump but going from the 3.5 to the 5.5 will be a complete shock!

Heck even going from the 4" to the 4.7 makes a noticeable difference. I know 2 people who went from the 5/5S to the 6 Plus because they thought it was what they wanted until it arrived and they realized how big it is. One has already returned it and the other is seriously considering returning it.

My suggestion is to visit an Apple store or a carrier and try it in hand. You might be surprised at how large the 6 Plus really is..

My .02

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

When the iPhone 5 came out, I remarked how it was the perfect screen size and all the Android devices with their 5+ inch screens were way too big. I decided to just go for it and pre-ordered the 6 Plus. While I was waiting for it, I actually tried cancelling to switch to the 6 instead, but AT&T decided to put me on hold for 45 minutes so I just stuck with the 6 Plus. I am very glad I did. The screen size is awesome for me, feels good in the hand, etc. Very happy with my purchase.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

Welcome to club phablet:)

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

And it's a club I've been waiting to join. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I still miss the pocketability and single-handed usability I had with the 5/5s, but I have to have the best camera and latest hardware to be happy, so I'm sticking with the iPhone 6. It's difficult to use a 6 with one hand, so I'm hoping they will make a 4" iPhone 6s. I'm slowly adapting to two-handed usage. I was in an Apple Store today buying a case and the girl who was helping me asked how I liked my new phone. I explained what I like about the 6 as well as what I miss about the 5s and she said they have been getting A LOT of complaints from single-handed users and some people are choosing the 5s over the 6/6 Plus because of screen size. She also told me she prefers the 4". I work with a couple guys who refuse to upgrade for this same reason. I did a poll and about 30% prefer the smaller screens. Hopefully, Apple will add a smaller option in the future.

11. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

I love the 4.7"and feel it is a great size, but I could handle the bigger size because I have big hands, but my pockets and my cup holder in my Jeep barely holds my 4.7". I will stick with the 4.7 until the 7 comes out unless the Plus S is worth the upgrade.

12. Picazzo

Picazzo Zealot
    Gold

It took about one week, and I can't live without the Plus! Sure the size is a matter, but ones you stop focusing on that, the Plus is the way to go!

13. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Several of the guys at work and I have gotten both 6 and 6 Pluses (I have a Plus) and have the same cases so here is my take after using both quite a bit:

There was no doubt that I wanted the biggest screen possible so the Plus was the only choice for me when I purchased. I was also the first person to get one so had no cased 6 to compare to. The Plus IS a handful but a beautiful one. It is also more difficult to carry around at work (I wear scrubs and so have always had a case/holster combo on all other iPhones). Our scrub tops actually have a pocket low on the top which is actually inside the waistband if you tuck your top in. The Plus actually fit into that pocket completely and is hidden as I do tuck the top in. So I actually was very happy with the Plus.

Now that I have seen my partners' 4.7 inchers I sometimes (but just sometimes) wish that I had gotten the 6 instead of the plus. I actually have always used my iPhones two-handed but the portability of the smaller iPhone is something I do miss.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Stay the course, soldier.

15. sstalk

sstalk Member
    Bronze

I concur. I went from my 4S to the Plus and it took about a week to get used to. Now I can't think of not having it. I am now on my case buying spree to find the perfect compromise for me.

Sent using iCafe app

16. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Going for the 6 plus was the best decision for me after watching friends using there note 3's it's great to have a big screen to read and watch movies on and I don't miss using my ip5s.

17. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

Waaa. Using my 6 and it is feeling real small next to my wife's 6+

18. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

How does your wife like the 6+?

19. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

Here are my thoughts on my 6 plus so far

20. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

She loves it. She thinks it's perfect. A purse really helps for carrying. She has no issue, its no longer for 1 handed use.
    I initially got it for me the 6+ but I found it too large BUT the screen is amazing and it was hard to give it up.
    The 6 works better for me.