How I do COMPLETELY wipe out the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BTR

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
the phone is having a hardware issue (speaker no longer works) and I need to return the iPhone to the "fresh out of the box" settings.

I have tried going to the "restore" function (restore to 1.1.1) in iTunes and it restores but brings me back to the screen that says "invalid sim" which I cannot bring back to the store with that message.

so in short is there any way to bring the phone back to its out of the box unmodded state? i cannot bring the phone back with the "invalid sim" message.

thanks guys!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
the phone is having a hardware issue (speaker no longer works) and I need to return the iPhone to the "fresh out of the box" settings.

I have tried going to the "restore" function (restore to 1.1.1) in iTunes and it restores but brings me back to the screen that says "invalid sim" which I cannot bring back to the store with that message.

so in short is there any way to bring the phone back to its out of the box unmodded state? i cannot bring the phone back with the "invalid sim" message.

thanks guys!
sounds to me like the problem isn't harware related. The problem is that you have an unlocked phone and you tried to update and got screwed.

BTR

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
It is a hardware issue b/c its sporadic.

for some reason when i've had the phone in my pocket for a while (ie the phone gets warm) the speaker starts working again.

but after a few mins the sound stops again.

also if I shake the phone I hear audio but after a few mins again it stops.

BTR

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
after doing research on this topic it seems to be a much bigger one than I bargained for.

I'm essentially asking for a way to RE-LOCK the iPhone.

It looks like people are still working on a way to do this...

agent0064life

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Lucky for me only my right speaker has blown out... so I may restore my phone and get all the third party crap off and see if they will fix my speaker issue.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
after doing research on this topic it seems to be a much bigger one than I bargained for.

I'm essentially asking for a way to RE-LOCK the iPhone.

It looks like people are still working on a way to do this...
you have to flash the baseband code from what i understand....

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007

thanks guys!
it have one speaker and the other just mic :D

agent0064life

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Wow.... don't I feel like an idiot... glad I didn't go down to the store and say that.... I'm usually pretty tech savvy I just thought that they doubled as speakers/microphone