How I got MMS working in 3.0

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
For all the non believers and the bashers of all the people that believed it is possible for mms!
Before I started, I already had the camera icon, but could not send without and error. I left my iPhone connected to my pc during all of the steps below.
First I enabled carrier updates in my windows iTunes 8.2. Like here
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/at-t-5-0.43124/
Next I update with the AT&T 5.0 (non modified).
I then toggled airplane mode off and back on.
Next I tethered my phone to my pc for about 30 seconds and turned it off.
I disconnected my phone and then I tried to send an MMS and it went through. Woooo Hoooo! It took it about 15 seconds to go through. I can send an mms to anybody except and another iPhone!

I have only one drawback and that is I no longer have Visual Voice Mail, but I working on that problem later. Good luck and I hope it works for you too! :laugh2::cool:

Picture 390.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
For all the non believers and the bashers of all the people that believed it is possible for mms!
Before I started, I already had the camera icon, but could not send without and error. I left my iPhone connected to my pc during all of the steps below.
First I enabled carrier updates in my windows iTunes 8.2. Like here http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/at-t-5-0.43124/

Next I update with the AT&T 5.0 (non modified).
I then toggled airplane mode off and back on.
Next I tethered my phone to my pc for about 30 seconds and turned it off.
I disconnected my phone and then I tried to send an MMS and it went through. Woooo Hoooo! It took it about 15 seconds to go through. I can send an mms to anybody except and another iPhone!

I have only one drawback and that is I no longer have Visual Voice Mail, but I working on that problem later. Good luck and I hope it works for you too! :laugh2::cool:

View attachment 5034
Good job! Try reverting back to the 4.0 ipcc.

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
Its in a zip format. It unzips to a bundle, not as an ipcc. Do have to rename it from a .zip to .ipcc?

Never mind, I remembered doing this before!

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
Thats a no go, I couldn't send any mms after reverting back to 4.0

JimMayor007

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
good job, keep us posted if Apple tries to boot you :)

blandfx

Jun 17, 2009
Feel like an idiot but where do I get the att 5.0 .ipcc file?

Thanks

blandfx

Jun 17, 2009
I ended up finding one that was already modified on a different site. Thanks though.