How in the HECK are you guys getting HD video on YouTube

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
Yes, I know I can't import it directly from the phone. Sooooo.... I open it in iPhoto, export it to a file to then open in iMovie to upload to Youtube but for some reason iMovie won't open the .MOV file that was exported from iPhoto.

Help!

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
Why open it in imovie. Why not just open your browser to youtube and upload from there?

(PS, I don't have a mac so I don't know all the ins and outs.)

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
How to post hd video on youtube?

I can't figure out how to post my videos from my phone to youtube without it looking like total trash.

I put a test video up. While it looks great on my phone, it looks absolutely terrible on youtube

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I'm having an issue getting it into youtube. In my phone I uploaded the video directly from the movie, and it 'compressed' then 'uploaded'

when i view the video it looks like complete trash. And it's only in 320p

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
You cannot post directly from you phone to youtube HD.

You have to move the file to your computer and post it from there.

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
Not really. It would take forever, and would eat up so much of your data allowance.

I like the way they did it. Takes strain off AT&T.

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
The could have made it dependant on wifi. I'm sitting here on my computer, with my phone on a wifi network, and it uploaded that crappy quality.

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
The wifi throughput of any device is dependent on the cpu. It would still take far longer from the phone than it will from the pc.

tonyt3524

Bronze
Jun 18, 2009
so when you say move Video to computer, do you mean via Email? and that wouldn't affect the quality?

lewis26

Silver
Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
mac - I have no idea.

PC- plug it in, my computer, iPhone, click through until you're at the pictures. Drag and drop over.