How is Apple going to rush it's new changes to the iPhone through?

Jun 27, 2007
I just read an article here:

http://linkdumptube.com/article.php?id=154

It says Apple has made a change to it's iPhone.but how is this going to effect the iPhone's that are currently in stores? Will the retail stores have to unpack the iPhones and update the firmware? What about the new screen?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i assume theyre will be an update for the iPhone when you take it home and plug it into your computer. and as for the screen that was annoucnced last week so considering theyre were and still arent (to my understanding) any iPhones in any store yet so thats not a problem.

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
really? one more surprise? it doesn't matter who already has them, because the secret may be released when you go to update it on launch day...its all whenever Apple decides to release it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
All updates will occur when you sync your phone with iTunes. It'll be simple.

alan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
iphone.mycustomproduct.com
I think the article was talking about the screen change. THe screen change was announced last week, but clearly happened long before then. Long enough that all of the iPhones will have the glass screen. Even the review units had the glass screen, and they got those before the change was announced.

Other changes, like you tube support, are software updates, which may not actually be in the iPhone until you plug it into iTunes to register it (although it's possible that, too, was already on them before it was announced).

I wonder if we get any more new announcements the next few days. My top 3 wish list is

- ability to share the edge link with a macbook
- ability to set up ring tones with iTunes
- ability for google maps to use a blue tooth GPS device for turn by turn directions since often when you need directions, you don't know where you are.

Jun 27, 2007
well it will be interesting to see how long the screen lasts. maybe once scratch and you won't be able to type anymore.maybe a scratch test needs to be down by putting your car keys in your pocket with your iPhone and walking around.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
I don't think people appreciate how much can actually be changed through software updates via iTunes. I think this is by far the best feature of the iPhone. While all the other features are incredibly innovative and executed amazingly well, I think the fact that Apple can respond to consumer demands by giving them what they want on the next update available will make an incredible customer experience.

Jun 27, 2007
hopefully Apple's iTunes servers don't crash then. whenever something new comes on iTunes,it crashes because of the huge server load. hopefully everyone updating their iPhone won't make it crash.

JackBauer

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
New York
When 3G comes to the iPhone, can the iPhone receive updates without plugging in?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Same way current ipods fw are released.

Jun 27, 2007
3G is a hardware update,not software. when an iPhone 3g comes out,it'll be a whole new iPhone. 3g requires a hardware 3g radio in the phone. currently the iPhone doesn't have one. it only has EDGE.

When 3G comes to the iPhone, can the iPhone receive updates without plugging in?