How is AT&T customer service doing?

How has AT&T customer service treated you?

• Total voters

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm really not an AT&T fanboy... just trying to keep things balanced here. From all the experiences I've read, AT&T is really stepping up to the challenge this week with their customer support. I know there's a lot of confusion going around, but every call to them seems to be met with a friendly voice and genuine concern.

I'm just wondering if it's just me, or if others agree that AT&T isn't doing too shabby right now with regards to customer service.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I had no problem cancelling my pre-order with AT&T over the weekend.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've always had good luck with AT&T customer service. They accidentally over-billed me for some random reason and not only did they refund the money but they also gave me an addition $80 credit on the account.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
The CS with AT&T has always been pretty good with me. They are always kind and courteous while helping resolve (or try to resolve) issues. I just wish AT&T executives would work harder to get some of the more important issues resolved instead of trying to raise prices without raising quality of service. Always willing to charge, but not always willing to provide better service. AT&T executives are lucky they are not my neighbors!

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
Over the phone, they are polite but I chose "poorly" because when I asked the same question multiple times, I received multiple answers on the one topic. So yes, please be polite but know the stuff. I only blame the hiarchy for this. They obviously went crazy hiring temp employees for this but did not have enough training/knowledge on what was really going on.

In the store, they are both rude and clueless!

Jun 21, 2009
WA
Here it goes maybe someone could shed some light on this subject. My wife was going to buy me the iPhone 3g for Fathers day and when we went in they told us that we could not get it because of upgrade eligibility. I called AT&T the rep said no problem sir I can fix that for you I will put notes in the system and go back to the store and you can get the iPhone. I returned and they said NO WAY, I then called AT&T they were going to fix it till a rude manager picked up the line and said they would not honor it I even asked if I paid the $299.99 if they would give me a courtisy credit on my account for the $200 and I would be ok with that. They said they will not do that, and now I am to the point of srapping the iPhone idea and turning off my businesss account with AT&T. I have many phones on my account, and if they want to lose a customer of over 15 years and pays over $2500.00 a year on phone service I guess someone needs to look at the businesss model of AT&T.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Honestly, I wish AT&T would just get rid of the subsidized iPhone policy all together and just charge everyone full cost for the phone and a little less on our monthly bills. The end result would be same (if you ignore the fact that they would probably sell less because many people aren't willing to spend that much up front). They are going to get the money we saved on the subsidized/under priced phone one way or another. It's just a matter of a big initial hit or a slow drain.

There is so much confusion, and few seem to understand that the phones are worth more than $200/$300, so they end up feeling like they are getting ripped off.

They will never tell you "you can not get it because of upgrade eligiblity". You can buy it, you just have to pay full cost.

I just think everyone would be happier and there would be less confusion and AT&T resent if they did it that way.

Jun 21, 2009
WA
You know the biggest heart burn I have with AT&T is the fact that I was promised by the rep that they would authorize my account to take advantage of the iPhone $99 special. I could have just hung my head and say ok I will wait if they would have not promised the special in the first place and I did not have to go to the store looking like I was the fool for going back.

AT&T in my opinion messed up for telling me that and they should honor what I was promised. Or thought outside the box in order to correct the misrepresentation by their rep.

Am I all wet or is it too much in today's world to ask that when someone promises to honor a commitment that they are expected to honor it.