How is email and text messaging on iPhone [1st gen]

ryryry

Aug 13, 2007
for all who have the iPhone, how is txt messaging and email messaging?

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
I really like the Text message format, the way it looks like a conversation.

Email is pretty straight forward, not much to it. Simple and easy

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Thats the one think i dislike about the iPhone, but you get use to it.

Here is what the Text Message window looks like. And the keypad

Honestly if your looking to buy the iPhone, go to the ATT store and play with it.. Play with it ALOT. because if your looking for a phone to text a lot then you will have to get use to the iPhone. I am getting better so its not to bad.

ryryry

Aug 13, 2007
y is it so hard/ bad typing?

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
i just don't like it when it auto-corrects me every 3 seconds. i have big fingers so sometimes I hit the wrong buttons. I was faster on my Treo 650 but not by much now. If you are coming from a different smartphone, be prepared to be let down for a little while. Then once you get used to it, its pretty fun. The only thing I like better about the Treo is the text messaging and its louder alarm clock (that actually works unlike the iPhones lately)

ryryry

Aug 13, 2007
wood u rather typer on a tiny qwerty keyboard like on a sidekick or enV or iPhone?

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
Id take the qwerty personally but Im connected my iPhone non-stop and honestly I don't really complain about any of the texting...I just don't think its quite as good. ;)

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Funny that you say that.

I have had the Side kick and the enV before i had my iPhone. On both phones i could type 10x faster then on my iPhone, id take a qwerty any day.

lol, if they make a keyboard attachment for the ipone, i am so buying it

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
Haha, I never thought of that! A keyboard attachment. Thats cool, but I love the slim size of the iPhone as is. I use one thumb and one index finger and im pretty fast on my iPhone, but I seriously used to AMAZE my friends with my texting speed on my Treo. The thing I really miss on the Treo is how it would save the entire history of your text conversations. The iPhone doesn't have enough space to do that as we all know...one night my girlfriend and I scrolled through the entire history of our text messages to months before we were even dating. That was really cool. I have to delete our conversations every 2 days now on my iPhone. Sucks, but they say the less sentimental you are, the happier you are :)

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I love texting on the iPhone (guess thats why I love gmail so much). I like neatness. Texting on the iPhone works like an IM client.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I love texting on the iPhone (guess thats why I love gmail so much). I like neatness. Texting on the iPhone works like an IM client.
Me too. I think it's SO much more fun then a dialpad or qwerty.

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
I love the texting on it. I would have gladly payed the 600$ for the phone just for this feature. I can type way faster on it then any other phone i have had. I love the auto correction as well. My texts are way cleaner. The only thing I don't like about it is that it stores the texts as a conversation. I have been busted by a few different girls on a few occations because they say the conversations i have with my other girl friends.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
tell em you'll beat them with a stick if they take your phone and go through your conversations

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
For some reasons that is the first thing people go to when they are checking out the phone. I get a lot of "naughty" texts on it and have to continuosly clear them. Lol.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
Funny that you say that.

I have had the Side kick and the enV before i had my iPhone. On both phones i could type 10x faster then on my iPhone, id take a qwerty any day.

lol, if they make a keyboard attachment for the ipone, i am so buying it
maybe. . .a bluetooth keyboard?