How is your Homescreen Arranged

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
With 1.13 we can finally arrange the icons to our personal liking. How did you order your icons? Favs near the top/bottom, on second page etc.? For ex.My current setup is Business apps in the dock(phone, calendar, notes,email). Above that I have my multimedia section with(ipod, seeqpod, safari, iTunes). How is everyone arranging their homescreen and enjoying this new customization feature.:laugh2:

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
i have it orded based on how much i use them

first page are the programs i use most in the order i felt was most convenient. On the bottom SMS, PHONE, MAIL and SAFARI

Then on the page, Camera, Photos, Maps, Weather, Notes, Calculator, Calender and Setting...with a couple weblinks

then on the second page youtube, iTunes, ipod, clock and stock

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
sure...lets play.....

frpm left to right...

youtube, calendar, photos, camera
_
stocks, maps, weather, clock
_
safari, notes, calculator, settings
_
Eic, google calendar, iTunes,ipod
_
dock: phone, sms, mail

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
my dock has my communication apps... phone, email, SMS.

my first screen has the stuff i use EVERY day: Calendar, Clock, iPod, and Safari.

my second screen is everything else.

no webclips.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
jjvaldez said:
dock: phone, sms, mail

my first screen has the stuff i use EVERY day: Calendar, Clock, iPod, and Safari.

no webclips.
Good idea guys with all the communication apps in the dock. acosmichippo, are you saying you only left 4 other icons on the homescreen? Now that's organized. I know what your saying, I don't see a whole lot of use for the webclips as I already have bookmarks in safari, but I do have the seeqpod clip on my homescreen currently.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
seeqpod works on the iPhone? i'll have to try it out... i just assumed it didn't.

But yeah, i like having as little "crap" as possible on my computers' desktops and my phone's springboard. The only problem is it looks a little drab without a wallpaper... :(

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
seeqpod works on the iPhone? i'll have to try it out... i just assumed it didn't.

But yeah, i like having as little "crap" as possible on my computers' desktops and my phone's springboard. The only problem is it looks a little drab without a wallpaper... :(
Yah, it works pretty good, better now that it is more like an app instead of a bookmark. You need to be on wi-fi to listen uninterrupted though.

I've been moving things around trying to figure out what setup I like best. Sometimes less is more, I'm still experimenting.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I've got a section for sports, a section for cell phone forums, a section for cell phone blogs, and lastly a section for web app games.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
curious

no webclips.

What do you use the clock for every day?

gregneedham

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I am experimenting with 3 screens, using the middle screen as my main screen. Then I keep all my web links on page 1, which is to the left, and all the apps I don't use every day on page 3, which is to the right.

That way my main apps and main page is in the "middle," with screens to the right and left....

so far so good, but I change it up often....

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I just found a new option in 1.13 to reset homescreen to default layout.

Go to settings/general/reset/reset homescreen layout.

Your Homescreen then defaults to factory arrangement and you can start anew. Or possibly use it to compare your different arrangements!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I just found a new option in 1.13 to reset homescreen to default layout.

Go to settings/general/reset/reset homescreen layout.

Your Homescreen then defaults to factory arrangement and you can start anew. Or possibly use it to compare your different arrangements!
lol - I'm too OCD. I've kept my page 1 in Apple order from day one. My fingers know that layout well, so it's easier for me to use.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
lol - I'm too OCD. I've kept my page 1 in Apple order from day one. My fingers know that layout well, so it's easier for me to use.
I've noticed that too. After months of using it the default way and getting used to where things are, is it really efficient to move things around?

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i left all the original icons where they were and rounded out the page with web apps from EIC, Seeqpod & Google. Page 2 contains the websites i check each morning and Page 3 is loaded with links to all of my favorite local music venues so i can easily check who's playing where and when.

RIP TONIC