How is your iPhone 4S battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by missygal, Oct 18, 2011.

1. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

Does this look like an ok battery usage? Seems to me my iPhone 4 was better! This is from my iPhone 4s.

#1 missygal, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013
  2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

It's not bad. Not great. I think six hours of usage on a full charge is great. You do have a lot of stand by by only about 10%.
    Using wifi? What was the usage?

3. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Is your Bluetooth off? Mine has been on the entire time on iOS on the 4. Oops.

4. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

No wifi, emails at every 30 min. Nothing really else other then some locations on.

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Then IMO that's not bad.

6. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

That's not good, IMO. I get better usage with 20% more. But the standby times are different but it's not that big of a difference. I have on wifi and 3G, and checking I have push on and mail on for manual.

Attached Files:

7. greasemuntney

greasemuntney Member
    Bronze

If it is a new i4S then when you finally get everything set up and stop PLAYING with Siri your battery life gets better. I know MANY people having this issue.
    When I first wnent to iOS 5 my iPhone 4 eat battery bad, now that everything is set up and I have stopped exploring and playing my battery life has done great. Hope this isyour issue.

8. Rata

Rata New Member

I installed ios5 on my iPhone 4 and the battery last the half than before, with ios 4... I already disabled push, iCloud, etc and it's still draining my battery. What else can I do? I hope Apple is going to launch an update soon..

9. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I am getting 16-18 hours or so from my 4S... I have turned off iCloud, BT, Facetime, iMessage, and find my phone..

I have 3 email accounts, FB, Twitter, and Y Sports Spectacular that push... I am on wifi most of the time...

Overall I am very happy with battery life... The 1st 2 days were not so great but it's getting better with time...

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

My standby and Usage time runs neck and neck. I have a Genius appointment today. I want them to swap my phone out. This sucks and I'm noticing that my phone is keeping wrong time again. It's a minute slow.

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Sounds like me.

12. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Looks fine to me. I usually get a little over 6 hours.

13. missygal

missygal Zealot
    Silver

I have an appt with Apple today but I think I'll give it some time.

14. hplbiking

hplbiking Member

Just a general comment. I think the battery will last longer with ios 5. With email/text messenging/other notices pop ups on the lock screen I can do a quick check and many times do not need to unlock the phone. Also I bike to work so knowing the weather is key. Now I just pull down the garage door (that's what a call it). No need to go into a different app.

15. greasemuntney

greasemuntney Member
    Bronze

[​IMG]

This was my battery usage from this morning before heading to work. 50+ hours not bad at all.

At 17:46 it is at 31% now

Sorry the picture turned out BIG!