How is your iPhone 4S battery life?

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
Does this look like an ok battery usage? Seems to me my iPhone 4 was better! This is from my iPhone 4s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
It's not bad. Not great. I think six hours of usage on a full charge is great. You do have a lot of stand by by only about 10%.
Using wifi? What was the usage?

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
No wifi, emails at every 30 min. Nothing really else other then some locations on.

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama
If it is a new i4S then when you finally get everything set up and stop PLAYING with Siri your battery life gets better. I know MANY people having this issue.
When I first wnent to iOS 5 my iPhone 4 eat battery bad, now that everything is set up and I have stopped exploring and playing my battery life has done great. Hope this isyour issue.

Rata

Oct 19, 2011
I installed ios5 on my iPhone 4 and the battery last the half than before, with ios 4... I already disabled push, iCloud, etc and it's still draining my battery. What else can I do? I hope Apple is going to launch an update soon..

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I am getting 16-18 hours or so from my 4S... I have turned off iCloud, BT, Facetime, iMessage, and find my phone..

I have 3 email accounts, FB, Twitter, and Y Sports Spectacular that push... I am on wifi most of the time...

Overall I am very happy with battery life... The 1st 2 days were not so great but it's getting better with time...

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
My standby and Usage time runs neck and neck. I have a Genius appointment today. I want them to swap my phone out. This sucks and I'm noticing that my phone is keeping wrong time again. It's a minute slow.

hplbiking

Oct 1, 2011
Just a general comment. I think the battery will last longer with ios 5. With email/text messenging/other notices pop ups on the lock screen I can do a quick check and many times do not need to unlock the phone. Also I bike to work so knowing the weather is key. Now I just pull down the garage door (that's what a call it). No need to go into a different app.

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama

This was my battery usage from this morning before heading to work. 50+ hours not bad at all.

At 17:46 it is at 31% now

Sorry the picture turned out BIG!