How long before you stop swiping to open?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Even if you swipe and end up at the pass code screen, I do it all the time too. You can still use the scanner to open your phone. No need to type a pass code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Last edited by a moderator:

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I started doing pretty good last night, then woke up this morning and immediately swiped and entered my password. I've been told it takes 1000-2000 repetitions for something to become muscle memory...got a long way to go.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i do this too. but my problem is i still use my iPad mini which I have to swipe open, so the old behavior is still exercised.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
exactly. I would also like to see the implemented in MacBooks, but I don't see it happening.
You never know! It could be the wave of the future for Apple. Security across the board for all products! That would actually rock! I'd love to see it. Then not only will Apple computers be toted as some of the most secure as far as viruses are concerned. We all know there have been but not as bad as PC's. Now with finterprint technology, all Apple products are theft proof! LOL! Oh what a future that would be!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Well a *good* password is actually more secure than a fingerprint, and osx requires a password already. But a fingerprint is a lot better than nothing, which is what most people had on iOS.