How long did it take Apple to fix your iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ltemple

Jul 3, 2007
Turnaround Faster than Expected

From the time I dropped it into the FedEx box till I received it back again was 48 hours (Tues -- Thurs). However, they didn't bother to fix it; they replaced instead (the new one works great).

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
From the time I dropped it into the FedEx box till I received it back again was 48 hours (Tues -- Thurs). However, they didn't bother to fix it; they replaced instead (the new one works great).
That's pretty much SOP. That's where all those refurbished ones are coming from. Just think, your original iPhone will now go into the hands of someone less fortunate. Bringing joy into their lives where perhaps there was no joy before!

On a similar note, took my iPhone into the SF store (Stockton St) and they replaced it immediately with a brand new one. Something about being so close to Cupertino, at least that's what they told me. Could also be that i'd only had it for 18 days.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
you should receive it in 2-3 businesss days. I dropped mine off at the Apple store on Friday and got back a new/refurbished one on the following Wednesday.

iwancc

Aug 28, 2007
I drop off mine at genius bar yesterday (Monday at noon). The Apple store mail-in repair status still showing "Shipment to repair center pending" ...

If the turn around time for most people here is about 3-4 days, shouldn't the status shows that phone has been received at repair store at least by today?....

I will keep you guys updated on how it goes from now on ...

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Just curious but has ANYBODY that sent their phone in for "repair" actually received their original unit back "repaired"? Seems like all of the posts I've seen talk about getting a new one back.

Just curious!

iwancc

Aug 28, 2007
Just like everyone else, I got a brand new iPhone :D
It also took 3 days.

The serial number changed. I don't know if they fix the inside of the phone then put a new cover, or they just don't bother to fix mine and get me a brand new phone, which I think is cool since my first phone already has some scratches... :)

I am happy with the new one...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Just like everyone else, I got a brand new iPhone :D
It also took 3 days.

The serial number changed. I don't know if they fix the inside of the phone then put a new cover, or they just don't bother to fix mine and get me a brand new phone, which I think is cool since my first phone already has some scratches... :)

I am happy with the new one...
I can't imagine they fix anything, unless it's something very minor. Labor is too expensive. You're not the one that put it through a wash cycle, are you? I did that with my pager once and it killed it:)

iwancc

Aug 28, 2007
LoL.... I am not the one who put it in the wash cycle, or even blend it. The phone does not like getting short circuit :laugh2:

If that happens to your phone, I don't think it is covered under the warranty right? I will be suprized if it does...

My first one is defective since I bought it. It has a bad battery that won't charge. I don't think it is that hard to debug a dead battery, right?... or to debug why it is not charging, right? ... The engineers who design the phone should be able to diagnose such issue easily since they know the phone very well! I am an engineer myself, if you know what you are doing, you know lol. Or maybe you are right, labor intensive. :p

Maybe they just want to make customers happy again with Apple products because I almost loose faith in Apple.

I hope this second one works perfectly.