How long do I have to buy AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewGuy, Oct 7, 2011.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Someone asked on a thread about this but I forget which one. If you got your device from AT&T (or sprint or verizon) and you weren't able to get the AppleCare+ at the time of the order/purchase then its ok. You can go to a retails store within 30 days and add it. I called and asked to make sure.

2. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

What does AppleCare do ?

3. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Extend the warranty
    Tom

4. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

AppleCare and AppleCare+ are different.

AppleCare+
    "Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee.2 Whether you use your iPhone with a Mac or a PC, just one phone call can help resolve most issues."
    AppleCare
    "Enjoy peace of mind with the award-winning AppleCare Protection Plan. For up to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone, you get technical support and hardware repair coverage — both parts and labor — for your iPhone, battery, and included accessories."

Basically AppleCare extends your warranty to 2 years and extends the support features also to 2 years (The warranty is a year and support is only 90days without it)
    With the + that adds an insurance plan to it. You break it, drop it in water or whatever. You get another one for $49 deductible.

5. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

WOW thanks I will get it. I should have got it for my iPad 2 maybe two late it's been 4 month now.

Thanks again

6. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

You can get AppleCare without the plus (+) within the first year of purchase.

7. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

SquareTrade covers computers & phones as well. We got the accidental coverage for a family member with special needs when we gave him a laptop for Christmas.

8. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

The bad part for me is that when I ordered the new iPhone with the Apple app @ 4am I didn't notice an option to add the Apple+ to the order, Im sure it was there, just to tired to notice it
    Tom