How long do I have to buy AppleCare+

NewGuy

Bronze
Dec 30, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.facebook.com
Someone asked on a thread about this but I forget which one. If you got your device from AT&T (or sprint or verizon) and you weren't able to get the AppleCare+ at the time of the order/purchase then its ok. You can go to a retails store within 30 days and add it. I called and asked to make sure.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
Extend the warranty
Tom

NewGuy

Bronze
Dec 30, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.facebook.com
What does AppleCare do ?
AppleCare and AppleCare+ are different.

AppleCare+
"Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee.2 Whether you use your iPhone with a Mac or a PC, just one phone call can help resolve most issues."
AppleCare
"Enjoy peace of mind with the award-winning AppleCare Protection Plan. For up to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone, you get technical support and hardware repair coverage — both parts and labor — for your iPhone, battery, and included accessories."

Basically AppleCare extends your warranty to 2 years and extends the support features also to 2 years (The warranty is a year and support is only 90days without it)
With the + that adds an insurance plan to it. You break it, drop it in water or whatever. You get another one for $49 deductible.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
WOW thanks I will get it. I should have got it for my iPad 2 maybe two late it's been 4 month now.

Thanks again

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
SquareTrade covers computers & phones as well. We got the accidental coverage for a family member with special needs when we gave him a laptop for Christmas.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
The bad part for me is that when I ordered the new iPhone with the Apple app @ 4am I didn't notice an option to add the Apple+ to the order, Im sure it was there, just to tired to notice it
Tom