How long do you think it will be before the next iPhone version comes out?

OPTICS

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I wanna say 2 years as well, I'd hate to see them come out with any other variation of the iPhone within then.

3000psi

Jul 15, 2007
I also think it will be sometime before a v2. If Apple keeps with the iPod development trend the iPhone will not get physically larger. This means it is up to the component manufacturers to reduce / increase battery life, reduce size of G3 chips, etc.

Apple still has lots of room for improvement with the software side on this model and that was one of the reasons for having the UI designed the way it is.

This doesn't mean that if a hardware problem crops up that Apple won't decide to replace it with another vendor but I don't consider this a revision. Also I think sales and competitors will determine the release of next generations. If the iPhone continues to sale well and nothing else becomes available to threaten its place in the market then there is no reason for Apple to show its hand to competitors.

Jamez

Jul 20, 2007
well.. since Apple usually releases one big thing at a time.. i think the next thing is leopard.... maybe a larger iPhone by christmas... but other than that.. i think maybe just some software updates to the iPhone within the next couple months would be more of a 'realistic' expectation.
I agree, but no matter how much I can be in love with mac OS
the leopard launch can't be called a big thing.

I'd say there will be new hardware by xmas either new improved iPhone or ipod 6 G.