How long does this take?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
I just got home with my iPhone.. i was activating it and when i think i was finishing up it says that AT&T is processing my activation.. what the hell.. and it says i will get an email once its complete.. how long does this take and when i get the email do i plug the iPhone back in and do something else?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
You'll receive a message on your iPhone that activation is complete. Not sure how long activations are taking these days, but I'm sure it's no where near as long as weekend 1. I was lucky as my activation process took minutes, some waited 48 hours and more. Anyway, I haven't seen many threads here complaining about activations and there definitely would be threads if it were an issue.

Hang in there...read up a bit here and before long you'll be enjoying your new iPhone.

Welcome to Everything iPhone and congratulations on your iPhone purchase!

-Chris

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I just got home with my iPhone.. i was activating it and when i think i was finishing up it says that AT&T is processing my activation.. what the hell.. and it says i will get an email once its complete.. how long does this take and when i get the email do i plug the iPhone back in and do something else?
Mine took about 30 seconds, probably less. While I did get an email within iTunes was this message:

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial]Congratulations, AT&T has successfuly activated your iPhone service.[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial]Your new mobile number is:[/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Grande,Helvetica,Verdana,Arial][/FONT]​
Did you port, or get any kind of congratulatory message?

--
Mike

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC

By the time you get the email the phone should be fully functional...for some it took hours to receive the email but in my case it was in less that sixty seconds...you don't need to plug the phone in again just be patient.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
activate took 50 minutes exactly for me. At&T sent like 3-4 Emails regarding it. you need to have your iPhone plugged into the PC to be activated though.

trant01

Jul 14, 2007
From the time I plugged the iPhone into my computer, I was making phone calls from it in about 5 mins. I don't understand some of the issues with the activation. But good luck with it buddy!

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
If it doesn't activate in about an hour, try calling the AT&T number you got in an e-mail, and have someone look at your activation account.

If you call earlier, they don't seem to have the info yet.

No real reason why times differ... credit check response times may vary, or they may have to have someone sign off on certain levels of credit.

I just did another activation this weekend (I'm the closest computer to the Apple store for some of my friends in a hurry to activate) and it took about 50 minutes (he wasn't sure he had entered the correct password for his Verizon account to port the number).

But if it's taking longer, call. Mine was hung up the first day, and I got 2 different reasons. First they said I didn't sign up for a data plan, but later said that my account had somehow gotten the wrong IMEI number attached to it. The AT&T phone rep fixed it, and it activated in 10-15 minutes including a number port.