how long should battery last?

iwantaniphonenow

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
ok i have not let my battery go under probably 30% but it feels like my battery does not last a long time....i really doubt i could surf the web for 6 hours or whatever they say. how can i tell if i have a messed up battery? today it seemed to do pretty good but i barely used it. this morning it was at about 70 or 75% and now at 6 pm its at about 35-40% and im starting to charge it....i didn't use it more than 2-3 hours though. it was always on but doesn't it save battery b/c it is in "sleep" mode?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Take it back to the Apple store and ask them. They might just give you a new phone.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
My battery lasted all day yesterday and still had about 20% charge left and I used it pretty much all day as an iPod did some moderate web surfing watched a video and made some calls. You really should let it run down past 40% if you want "the battery to last longer". Your batter is probably fine, but you get paranoid and charge when it hits 40%, so essentially your getting a little more than 1/2 of your expected battery life on it.