How many are paying full price for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by meneishaluvsheriphone, Sep 7, 2012.

1. meneishaluvsheriphone

Hello all, it has been a LONG time since I have posted in the thread & it has been a LONG time since I have had an iPhone :) I am just curious & wanted to know how many people are not eligible for an upgrade & are coming out the pocket & going to pay full price like myself.... Do you guys have any suggestions on what you think my best method should be for ordering the new iPhone? :)

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Welcome back! I used this method to check my iPhone 5 upgrade eligibility and it came back saying I could get a slight discount, which amounts to $200 off full unsubsidized pricing, with a new 2-year agreement. That would cost me $449 for a 16GB iPhone 5. If it's $650, maybe I just bite the bullet and not re-up.

#2 chris, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  3. meneishaluvsheriphone

Thanks I just recently got a phone earlier this year so I am not eligible for an upgrade until 2013 so full price it is. But I am def counting down the days until I can pre-order. It is going to be my treat to myself.

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I didn't think Apple or AT&T let you pre-order at full price.. Has this changed or was I previously just misinformed?

Thanks! :)

5. meneishaluvsheriphone

Well that's a bummer :-(

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Don't loose hope as I may very well be wrong..

7. mrgadget

mrgadget New Member

Ouch! Full price is a lot to pay, but at least make sure you check the internet to get prices to sell your existing phone so at least you can offset the cost.

8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I have not had a contract in years... I always buy phones at full price or via eBay / Craigslist..

iPhone is different because I want it the day it's available so eBay and Craigslist are not options..

Does anyone know if Apple and / or AT&T allow pre-orders at full price? I believe they do not as they want all that initial stock for new accounts and upgrades..

9. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

I upgraded to my 4s @ full price on a preorder.

10. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Cool! Did you go through Apple or AT&T?

11. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

I used my Apple store app. So, It was Apple. :)

12. meneishaluvsheriphone

Well I bought the First generation iPhone when the asking price was $500 so I just look at it if I can do it once I can do it again.but I will consider it a late birthday gift to myself, I just better get myself set up so I can order from Apple.