How many carry cleaning cloth with iPhone everywhere?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tj911t

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Be honest, is it just me? Can't stand when the screen gets all greasy. It cleans up well with a micro-fiber cloth.... no scratches after a month!

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I used to! However, the best cloth to use is called the magic cloth. Sharper Image used to sale them. It is a "microfiber" cloth that works beautifully. I'm sure that you can find microfiber cloths at Wal-Mart. I think it works way better than the cleaning cloth that came with the iPhone. Even after using the cleaning cloth that came with the phone you can still see the smear marks from wiping it. Your screen will look like it has never been touched after using the microfiber cloth!

tj911t

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I used to! However, the best cloth to use is called the magic cloth. Sharper Image used to sale them. It is a "microfiber" cloth that works beautifully. I'm sure that you can find microfiber cloths at Wal-Mart. I think it works way better than the cleaning cloth that came with the iPhone. Even after using the cleaning cloth that came with the phone you can still see the smear marks from wiping it. Your screen will look like it has never been touched after using the microfiber cloth!
I agree, I bought a 3M microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth from Walmart for about $3.00 and it works great, no smudges and small.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
The first time I carried my cleaning cloth out of my house my buddy threw it away cause he thought that and random piece of clotch shaped like my phone that says iPhone on it was a piece of trash. Needless to say he is a moron and lost his privilege to use my phone. Now I just use my shirt unless it is collard or I just wait till I get home to my microfiber.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
LOL
i don't do that, before yes, but after i got my static cling film thing i bought at Apple store, i don't have much problems with the fingerprints and smudges and ear-prints. :laugh2:
however, i just put it face in my jean pocket, and i tell you, evertimes i take it out it would be clean again. its like rubbing it against my legs will clean it :p

and i think the cloth inside my jean cleans it real well

Aug 3, 2007
well, I wear glasses so I have a bunch of micro fiber cloths laying around my house, but I typically don't carry one with me. I just use my shirt.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
There is a real NICE microfiber cloth that comes with the Apple Cinema Displays... I now have that in my car, in the glove box... it works wonderfully on my iPhone :)

I bet any microfiber cloth would work though, and they're readily available at K-Mart, Walmart, Target and automotive supply places.

DejaBlue

Aug 4, 2007
I have a pair of Oakley sunglasses that come in a cloth baggy which is suppose to be used in cleaning my sunglasses... So I also use that with my iPhone.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Yeah, about that.

I lost my cleaning cloth within the first day of having my iPhone :laugh2:

So did I but I was reunited. Somehow it got into the pouch behind the back of my car seat. =/ I think Its reached its grease limit tho. Its not as effective as it once was.

kimirike

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
If I ever get a case that has aplace to hold my cleaning cloth then yeah I would. But usually my shirt does the trick just fine.:cool: